Honored Contributor

Re: The Best Hamburger You Ever Had?

I love burgers but I don't have a favorite. I think it would be fun to try all the ones mentioned in this thread...

Super Contributor

On 5/30/2014 willdob3 said:

I love burgers but I don't have a favorite. I think it would be fun to try all the ones mentioned in this thread...

Lol, the descriptions have been so great, I am beginning to think I HAVE!!!!!!!
Super Contributor

On 5/30/2014 bigsister said:
On 5/29/2014 stilltamn8r said:
On 5/29/2014 bigsister said:

For me and my husband it was definitely at Tom Bergin's House of Irish Coffee in Los Angeles, on Fairfax Avenue near Wilshire Ave. I have actually been thinking of driving up there for a hamburger. It's about an hour drive from my home. I wish it were closer to my home.

Tom Bergins is one of the oldest established restaurants in Los Angeles, since about 1936.

If any of you live in Los Angeles, I recommend you make a trip to Tom Bergins. I just checked them out on Google and they have a very good site. Apparently they don't serve food until 5 p.m., but the old wooden horseshoe-shaped bar is open by 11 a.m. Their Irish Coffee is delicious.

Wow! Thanks for the top! The burgers t the Apple Pan re pretty good too...But now I am wondering if it is still around?

stilltamn8r, in case you are still reading this thread, today I called Tom Bergins and found out the "recipe" for the great hamburgers I enjoyed has changed with new owners over the past 15 years. But I would be willing to drive up there to see how they have changed. Also, they do serve bangers and mash which I love, so that's an alternative for me. There is a brunch menu on Sundays.

Thanks! Love a good brunch..I will check it out!
Frequent Contributor

You can't beat fresh ground right at home but Five Guys is good, too.

Honored Contributor

Ruby's Diner./Island's
Respected Contributor

On 5/31/2014 missyw1 said: Ruby's Diner./Island's

Yes, these are two great choices here in Southern California.

Super Contributor

When I lived in Colorado we had a chain called Fuddruckers, amazing burgers, premium beef grilled to order....mmmm soooo good, miss them!!! Also for the best sliders ever, The Cozy Inn, tiny little place that hasn't changed much over the years, can barely turn around in there with only a few bar stools for those that want to dine in. The little burgers come with onions (no choice) and cheese is a bad word there, but the ketchup, mustard and pickles are more than enough. The only sides are chips and a soda in a can. It's not fancy, but it's yummy! Everyone knows when you've been to the Cozy because the smell permeates everything, but it's worth it! {#emotions_dlg.wub} Yum!

Honored Contributor

On 5/31/2014 stilltamn8r said:
On 5/30/2014 bigsister said:
On 5/29/2014 stilltamn8r said:
On 5/29/2014 bigsister said:

For me and my husband it was definitely at Tom Bergin's House of Irish Coffee in Los Angeles, on Fairfax Avenue near Wilshire Ave. I have actually been thinking of driving up there for a hamburger. It's about an hour drive from my home. I wish it were closer to my home.

Tom Bergins is one of the oldest established restaurants in Los Angeles, since about 1936.

If any of you live in Los Angeles, I recommend you make a trip to Tom Bergins. I just checked them out on Google and they have a very good site. Apparently they don't serve food until 5 p.m., but the old wooden horseshoe-shaped bar is open by 11 a.m. Their Irish Coffee is delicious.

Wow! Thanks for the top! The burgers t the Apple Pan re pretty good too...But now I am wondering if it is still around?

stilltamn8r, in case you are still reading this thread, today I called Tom Bergins and found out the "recipe" for the great hamburgers I enjoyed has changed with new owners over the past 15 years. But I would be willing to drive up there to see how they have changed. Also, they do serve bangers and mash which I love, so that's an alternative for me. There is a brunch menu on Sundays.

Thanks! Love a good brunch..I will check it out!

I used to work on the Miracle Mile...........Bergin's bar was the local body shop after work

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor

On 5/28/2014 Marienkaefer2 said:

Jules5280, who posts here, once mentioned a great hamburger place in Salina, KS, but now I forgot the name! It's supposed to be well known.

Maybe she'll post here and tell us again...

Hahahaha sorry Marien, I just skipped to the end and posted. Yep, it is The Cozy Inn.... people call them to have them shipped on ice all around the country. It was just a few years older than my daddy... if those walls could only talk.

http://cozyburger.com/index.shtml

They have added on newer locations, but the original is in Salina. For anyone driving east or west on I-70, exit 9th street, head south, the Cozy is on 7th... well worth the visit! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Trusted Contributor

The Varsity in Athens, Georgia.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.