Valued Contributor

Re: The Best Hamburger You Ever Had?

Marienkaefer, I have been to the Adrift. Their burgers are yummy!
Super Contributor

The Oinkster....Eagle Rock California....Google it....yum...
Super Contributor

There was a great place in Sausalito, can't remember the name.....
Respected Contributor

On 5/28/2014 Seattlegirl98026 said: Marienkaefer, I have been to the Adrift. Their burgers are yummy!

Seattlegirl, yes, that's about my favorite restaurant. But I'm sure there are many great burger places in Seattle, too! Smiley Happy

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Respected Contributor

On 5/28/2014 jljm said:

I'm not Jules but that's the Cozy Inn (Salina). THE best burgers EVER!! They're the little ones (I can't think of the name). They're famous!! It's a little walk up window joint. If I remember right, there may be a stool or two inside, but that's it. Americana at it's finest!

Yes! The Cozy Inn...the way she described it makes me hungry. They serve sliders, right?

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Honored Contributor

Either The Burger Joint at Le Parker Meridien or the Shake Shack - both in NYC.

The Burger Joint is a hole in the wall at a very posh hotel....it's in the space where they used to store luggage.

The burgers are very juicy in both places! Plus the atmosphere is fantastic.

Respected Contributor

I like Five Guys, a chain restaurant serves a good burger.

Highway 55 used to be called Andy's are located in NC, serves a good burger.

Melvin's in Elizabethtown, NC serves up a Carolina Style Burger: slaw, chili, onions and mustard. But you can have it how you want it. Usually people are lined up out the back door to get a burger. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Respected Contributor

I like my own. Haven't had burgers in a restaurant in years. I use 93% lean ground beef and make thicker patties at about 4 to a pound. Down here we get what are called water rolls from Publix and use them for buns. In recent years I see restaurants serving what are called sliders. Guess I've been making them all along.

Esteemed Contributor

On 5/28/2014 jljm said:

What was Mama Circles secret? Mine are always dry-ish.

Funky - my favorite place (Buds) was similar to the Train. Oh the grease... {#emotions_dlg.blushing} Buds had burgers (pickles & onions only), fries and sodas. You could tell an out of towner because they would ask for something different, additional. Cheese was an option until 20 years in.

couldn't tell you....its been so many many years....I was a teenager....I am 72 now....

all I know is it was huge...both in depth and width...she mixed stuff in it...rolled them by hand....and then grilled them.....so so good....juicy...never dry...and always grilled perfectly....

Frequent Contributor

Miller's Bar in Dearborn, Michigan has the best burgers. Always a line to get a table or seat at the bar. Not frozen, fresh every day. Served on a piece of wax paper. Only burgers, fries, onion rings on the menu. Been here for years. Voted best burger locally.