Esteemed Contributor

Re: The 45 Best Frozen Foods at Trader Joe’s

[ Edited ]

@Noel7 wrote:

@SusieQ_2

Thank you for the additional information!

You're welcome, @Noel7, thank you for posting the article. As for the author, I just saw her name, Googled it, and made sure she was the one in question. That led me to Spoon University where I could spend hours reading. Just a heads up--I'm blaming you for my lost time! 

JK, of course! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SusieQ_2

Oh, fun!  I'm so glad you mentioned it, Susie!  I'm looking there now and passed the site along to my daughter.

Love the Oreo pull-apart bread!  And the connection to Delhi college food!

Here's the link, for anyone interested:

https://spoonuniversity.com/

Honored Contributor

Saw that TJ is listed as 3rd favorite supermarkt falling from #1.

Wegmann is now ranked #1 and Publix is #2

I forgot where the poll was from. It was 6 in the morning and I was barely awake.

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey wrote:

Saw that TJ is listed as 3rd favorite supermarkt falling from #1.

Wegmann is now ranked #1 and Publix is #2

I forgot where the poll was from. It was 6 in the morning and I was barely awake.

@Yahooey

I don't understand how TJoe's could even be in the running.  They are not a supermarket.  Definitely not in the same league as Wegmans.

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey

I just did a quick check and may have found the poll you referred to.  I thought there was something odd about it because there is no Wegmans out west.

This seems to be it, and it's apparently a state poll for New Jersey.  I'm pretty sure it would be very different if the poll was taken in California where it all started.

Here is the report on Wegmans etc.:

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2016/04/wegmans_tops_the_list_as_best_grocery_store_in_the.html

Valued Contributor

Their frozen turkey meatballs are the best. I use them for spaghetti and meatballs and cocktail meatballs with the chili sauce and grape jelly.

Valued Contributor

Thanks for posting this article.  I tried the chicken tikka masala last night for dinner.  It's excellent.  I also really like the guilt free Mac & cheese.  Love me some Trader Joe's

Trusted Contributor

I would add TJ's Vegetable Masala Burger with Authrntic Indian Spices to this list. Totally agree about the Coffee Blast Ice Cream.  Also love their frozen Roasted Corn, Green Peas and Mixed Bell Peppers.

Valued Contributor

I have had quite a few of those listed. The chicken in the bag is great, everyone loves it and it is real chicken chunks.

The only one I didn't like was the pastry dogs, (pigs in a blanket). I still have half a box in my freezer and wasn't impressed.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you for posting. We are big TJ's fans. Our closest store is about 60 miles away, so we only go there 2-3 times a year, but we enjoy the store. We don't get a lot of their frozen food as even with a cooler, sometimes the food can thaw til we get home, esp during the warmer months.

I really like their Fearless Flyer; it gives us lots of ideas to choose from when we're planning a trip there. It's a good store. Love their cheeses; they are excellent.