Honored Contributor

Re: Thanksgiving Staple that you don’t like

I just say NO to:

Green bean casserole -- no one in my immediate or extended family makes it.  I have only heard about it on TV and on social media.  I gag even then.

Canned cranberry sauce -- honestly, I grew up on canned cranberry sauce.  But when I had my own family we all collectively admitted we actually hated it.  So I made my own,with fresh cranberries, for the first time about 10 years ago, and Wow!  We love it -- cranberries, sugar, pinch of cinnamon, touch of fresh nutmeg, and brandy -- cannot forget the brandy!.

Any pie, except sweet potato pie, is out for me.  But my family does all kinds of pies and desserts.

If the macaroni & cheese isn't truly baked with a top layer of extra cheese on top bubbly & golden, then don't make it at all. Of course, if you don't make it at all, is it really a Thanksgiving feast? Smiley Very Happy

Cornbread stuffing -- no, no.  Must have regular cubed bread stuffing, with sage sausage and aromatic vegetables (onions, celery and garlic).

Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Thanksgiving Staple that you don’t like

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I don't know if it's a staple but I really don't care for green bean casserole!  Yuck!!! 

I saw a poll on t.v. and it listed the favorite T.Day foods.  It listed macaroni and cheese above mashed potatoes and I really could not believe that!  I do like me a good mac and cheese, but I would never place it above mashed potatoes and I have never had it on T. Day before!!! 

@AngelPuppy1 ,I would have loved having Mac and cheese on Thanksgiving, I loathe mashed potatoes. Different strokes.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan