Honored Contributor

Re: Thank you to whoever suggested SS Bowl for KA Mixer

@SharkE

just looked at some small shelving for my pantry/utility room.  They had some nice ones at Home Depot/Lowes (wire ss style)

I do like the orgami brand but find they are too wide for the area, but, do like they can hold alot.

I'm in the process of re-organizing the pantry/utility room area.  Seems the more I "purge" the more I have!

Now, if only I could "downsize" my collection of Lock N Locks that would be a miracle -- love the nestables but the tops are way out of control! Smiley Surprised

Honored Contributor

@violann

I ordered mine through Amazon - came quickly from vendor and was the same pricing as BB&B.  

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1

My L&L was out of control also so I recently replaced all of mine with the nestables. Regarding the lids - I use one of those clear acrylic fridge organizers next to the stack of L&L and stand the lids up in it - sort of like standing them in a bookcase if you can picture that. Or just use an extra L&L to stand them in. Another thing I do is that I use use all square or rectangle L&L - no rounds. It is a more efficient use of storage space.

Honored Contributor

@froggy

In my utility room I have these drawer cabinets by rubbermaid (left by previous owner) and I use 1 drawer for the containers & 1 for the lids.  Its a total mess as finding the "right" lid for the different ones I have is like "looking for a needle a haystack".  I tried the the container thing (I had one big one on the bottom shelf of my storage rack in there).

You are right -- I have a big box of donation things and I have all my rounds to donate.  The ones I really like are the "zen" style.  

Lock N Locks are wonderful but to get the best pricing they sell them in these big sets.  Years ago when I bought them I had a friend and we would split them -- sadly, she is no longer here.

Thanks for the idea! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My KA came with the SS bowl, after a few years, I ordered an additional SS bowl as well as the beater that actually scrapes the interior wall of the bowl, continuously. I love having 2 bowls and the addition of the wider beater makes life just a tad bit easier. No more stopping to scrape down the bowl during beating.

"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

@Snicks1 wrote:

My KA came with the SS bowl, after a few years, I ordered an additional SS bowl as well as the beater that actually scrapes the interior wall of the bowl, continuously. I love having 2 bowls and the addition of the wider beater makes life just a tad bit easier. No more stopping to scrape down the bowl during beating.

@Snicks1

It's hard to overstate the usefulness of a second bowl, isn't it? Even though they are expensive. I don't have two bowls for my 7Qt but I do for my mini - the 3.5 qt and I use them all the time.

Just a word of warning - not for you, but for those who may not think about it - if you get the flex edge beater be sure to get the right size for your bowl. I speak from experience because my Dad bought one as a gift for my Mom and he got a size too small - it didn't reach the sides of the bowl. Duh!

Honored Contributor

I have the KA mini and it came with the handleless SS bowl.

I would really like the SS with the handle but don't want to pay $60 for it.

Valued Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

I saw some stainless bowls with handles on sale on Wayfair today for under $40.

Respected Contributor

@giddy up wrote:

@CelticCrafter wrote:

I saw some stainless bowls with handles on sale on Wayfair today for under $40.

It has to fit on the KA mixer.

Respected Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@CelticCrafter

Williams Sonoma has it for 50 with 20 percent off and free shipping today. Brings it to $40. I've never seen it for less.