Trusted Contributor

Re: Thank You QVC,. Re: Le Creuset. :-). :-)

I have several pieces as well as stoneware and accessories and trivets.

I think my most favorite is the brassier with the lid. It is always out on my stove. I used it last night as a matter of fact.

That piece seems to cook a large amount or a small amount well. Usually it is just the two of us now so it is perfect. 

I get mine from QVC, Le Creuset directly or their outlet store in Vacaville, Ca. 

Honored Contributor

@wonderfulworld wrote:

@Ilovetea wrote:

@skittles2 wrote:

The inventory is back and it's beautiful!!!

I've been waiting and waiting. Very Happy.  

Those who have this line,. What are your  two most recent have pieces?

I'm interested in 2 pieces- help with deciding would be greatly appreciated.

Dutch oven,. Round or oval and a good size, though noting to large.

Also

The 2 in 1 with grill lid. Or the brasserie with regular lid

Thanks

My most used pices are my 4.5qt Oval Dutch Oven and 3.5 qt braiser. I have a 2 in 1 with a grill lid but don’t use it as much as I would if it a regular lid. It works good if want to use it as a lid but is a good 2 piece option for using both pieces. The TSV today is a good one. I have way more than I need but ordered one anywayto gift for Christmas. 

I have never used any of this cook ware. Is this piece a good place to start?

Just my husband and myself. Thank you!

@wonderfulworld you cannot beat Le Creuset.  I know the price is higher than most cookware but it performs beautifully and lasts forever.  For me, the only downside is it's heavy (as any cast iron cookware is).  These are pretty heavy pieces empty but then when you add the weight of the food you are cooking it can be too much for some folks.  This is a beautiful/versatile TSV and if weight isn't a problem for you I think it is more than worth taking a look at.

Honored Contributor

ITA about LeCreuset.  It is the best of all choices.

As to Staub, I've only owned one piece but it was nowhere near as nice as LC and I ended up selling it for $25 and replacing it with a 5qt round LC pot that was much nicer and I didn't have to worry about it not lasting.  The Staub 5qt round one had chips in it from the day it was brand new and that's concerning.  The finish was nowhere near as nice as LC.

The celebrity type brands, all of which are made in China, are also nowhere as good as LC and some of them have been recalled for issues such as having the enamel explosively release itself from the cast iron, as well as just general cracking and chipping problems.   This is one of those 'you get what you pay for' situations.

I already have more than I need - every size from 1qt to 13.25qt, so I'm set and have to make sure I don't buy more.

Unfortunately, due to my broken arm situation and the fact that I cannot afford to have surgery on it so it will heal with a slight deformity and pain issues, I don't even know if I will ever get strong enough to lift the larger ones again.  I wasn't all that strong to begin with.   That was my good arm, too!  Smiley Sad  So, I guess we'll see.

I hope people find the exact pieces they want.  This is such a great company.

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Too heavy for me.  I handled a very small fry pan at a store and I knew I couldn't manage this type of cookware.  Sure is pretty though.

Trusted Contributor

@skittles2 

I love the Braisers. I have a 1.5qt and a 3.75qt.  

I wish they had one in between the two (they have one larger at 5qt) 

I also use my 5.5 qt around Dutch Oven to make soup or pot roast.  

[I sear the roast on range top, add onion, herbs, seasonings (including a grainy mustard) -  add a stock and wine,  then into

the oven until about an hour left and add the veggies: carrots, small red potatoes, shallots.  Perfect on a cold day.] 

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@wonderfulworld wrote:

@Ilovetea wrote:

@skittles2 wrote:

The inventory is back and it's beautiful!!!

I've been waiting and waiting. Very Happy.  

Those who have this line,. What are your  two most recent have pieces?

I'm interested in 2 pieces- help with deciding would be greatly appreciated.

Dutch oven,. Round or oval and a good size, though noting to large.

Also

The 2 in 1 with grill lid. Or the brasserie with regular lid

Thanks

My most used pices are my 4.5qt Oval Dutch Oven and 3.5 qt braiser. I have a 2 in 1 with a grill lid but don’t use it as much as I would if it a regular lid. It works good if want to use it as a lid but is a good 2 piece option for using both pieces. The TSV today is a good one. I have way more than I need but ordered one anywayto gift for Christmas. 

I have never used any of this cook ware. Is this piece a good place to start?

Just my husband and myself. Thank you!

@wonderfulworld you cannot beat Le Creuset.  I know the price is higher than most cookware but it performs beautifully and lasts forever.  For me, the only downside is it's heavy (as any cast iron cookware is).  These are pretty heavy pieces empty but then when you add the weight of the food you are cooking it can be too much for some folks.  This is a beautiful/versatile TSV and if weight isn't a problem for you I think it is more than worth taking a look at.

Thank you very much. I ordered the grey after doing some comparison shopping and the Q price is great.

Respected Contributor

9 lbs 14 oz!  

Frequent Contributor

I would have purchased this 4.5 qrt dutch oven IF they would have made the colors to match the 2 qrt smaller oven they sold in September.  I purchased the midnight grey in the smaller one and it was gorgeous.  I use it all the time.  It would have been nice to build a set with the midnight grey; however, that was not the case. I saved some money tonight.

Honored Contributor

@wonderfulworld oh congratulations on your purchase!  I would have chosen grey myself but it wasn't available when I had made my previous purchases.  Hope you enjoy yours as much as I have enjoyed mine.  Now that the weather is cooler, I am waiting for beef short ribs to go on sale as they cook beautifully in my Le Creuset and makes the kitchen smell great!