Valued Contributor

I never had an interest in Temptations.  I do like the floral lace pattern, but I've never ordered it.  The original pattern is too busy for me, and the quality has never been as good as my Fiesta dinnerware.  

Fiesta ware quality is (in my opinion) the best you can get.  They have a chip warranty on their pieces, and everything is made in America.

The best way to buy it is online at Macy's.  Every summer around 4th of July, it's half off with free shipping for purchases over $100.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Temptations ...yikes!!!

[ Edited ]

@bigtraps wrote:

@EatWell wrote:

@homedecor1 wrote:

This is one of my mixing bowls -- I noticed this when taking out of dishwasher yesterday.

So I checked a few other pieces and they've done the same.  I noticed it on a newer set too which is floral lace. The unglazed part has done the same☹️☹️☹️

I tossed them, but, boy this is sad especially since I've never used in oven.

0EAF35B7-9FDA-4DBE-BBA1-4E351A9FAB7F.jpeg

Wondering what you are complaining  about.   🤔

What did you notice?  Your photo shows nothing.  What is it suppose to show?

And if it was defective, instead of tossing it out, why didn't you complain to QVC and send the product back for refund or replacement?

So, are you done with Temptations?

~Life is short. Enjoy everyday as if it is your last day on earth. You could die tomorrow.~

Who said they were complaining.  They were sharing a PHOTO ! ! ! !  WOW.  

I can say I am done woth Temptations.  So... How about you?????

@bigtraps 

Don't own any.  And never will.

Another  poster was kind enough to describe the defect that the OP was complaining about.  
Since I do not own Temptation products, for me,  it was not clear or described exactly what the defect was in the photo attached.   

~Life is short. Enjoy everyday as if it is your last day on earth. You could die tomorrow.~

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@EatWell wrote:

@homedecor1 wrote:

This is one of my mixing bowls -- I noticed this when taking out of dishwasher yesterday.

So I checked a few other pieces and they've done the same.  I noticed it on a newer set too which is floral lace. The unglazed part has done the same☹️☹️☹️

And if it was defective, instead of tossing it out, why didn't you complain to QVC and send the product back for refund or replacement?

@EatWell 

You don't see the crazing (little cracks) in the photo???

This is a very common problem with Temptation's products, just read some of the reviews.

Maybe it was too late to return for refund/replacement?

@KingstonsMom 

Thank you for clarifying,  And pointing out the defect in the product.
I do understand now that it is not a crackle glaze on  Temptations products,

Since I do not own Temptations products that is why I asked the OP.

But I do have a pair of beautiful Chinese vases in ceramic that is crackle glazed.

"Peacock Birds & Pheasant Birds in Colorful Flower Trees White Crackle Oriental Ceramic Scalloped Vase" on rosewood base.

30CF2043-14FA-4659-9FB6-C944EAE79C5F.jpeg

And I also have a Chinese Ceremonial Altar Vase with Crackled Blue Patina crackle glazed.

3DBAF808-A804-47FE-BB5B-9B2784A11321.jpeg

And have this Royal Copenhagen ceramic vase in blue and gray (craquelure) crackle glaze and detailed in gold. Made in Denmark, circa 1940s'

08AFC979-14C0-4493-8719-2B1F1CE8CE8E.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@EatWell 

Lovely vase!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Super Contributor

I have had my Temptations set of bowXls for several years and they still look like new and I use them often. I have one 8x8" square pan that I left in the oven well past the time it should have been there because I forgot to set the timer! It then had a cracked appearence something like that but it was under the glaze and could not be felt on the surface. The only piece that ever did that.

Honored Contributor

It never appealed to me for a couple of reasons - 1)  The garish designs; and 2) these are the epitome of improperly fired, cheaply-made, stoneware and it will craze and it will crack.    

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@EatWell wrote:

@homedecor1 wrote:

she's showing you the awful crazing...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@EatWell wrote:

@homedecor1 wrote:

@EatWell 

APPARENTLY YOU JUST NEEDED TO BE "SNARKY" BECAUSE

IF YOU CAN'T SEE THOSE CRACKS AND MORE ..... THEN PERHAPS A CHECK UP TO THE EYE DOCTOR SHOULD BE ON YOUR LIST!!!

NO I CAN'T SEND IT BACK THEY ARE OVER A YEAR OLD AND I WAS JUST POINTING OUT TO OTHERS ... YES, TOSSING THEM IS THE ANSWER....

Neither Temptations OR QVC would honor a return or replacement!!!

And I said nothing about being DONE WITH THE PRODUCT LINE...just sharing so others might want to check their pieces!!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1 wrote:

NO I CAN'T SEND IT BACK THEY ARE OVER A YEAR OLD AND I WAS JUST POINTING OUT TO OTHERS ... YES, TOSSING THEM IS THE ANSWER....

And I said nothing about being DONE WITH THE PRODUCT LINE...just sharing so others might want to check their pieces!!!

I posted earlier on this thread from Temp-tations' FAQ, where they said they would replace pieces suffering from crazing. You have asked them to replace?

Crazing happening on new pieces that haven't been subjected to temperature extremes--although these should be able to withstand oven heat without damage--are defective, as noted by another poster.

Crazing is glaze failure, unless it's created deliberately, as seen in the imitation-old pieces coming out of China also pictured on this thread. Genuine time-crazing tends to have larger crazing at the bottom of a piece and finer crazing at the top. If it's uniform, it's phony. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1 wrote:

@EatWell wrote:

@homedecor1 wrote:

@EatWell 

APPARENTLY YOU JUST NEEDED TO BE "SNARKY" BECAUSE

IF YOU CAN'T SEE THOSE CRACKS AND MORE ..... THEN PERHAPS A CHECK UP TO THE EYE DOCTOR SHOULD BE ON YOUR LIST!!!

@homedecor1 

Me Snarky?  Never.  😀

I asked an honest and sincere question..I get this snarky reply back from you.

I suspect  your reading and comprehension skills are questionable.  😀

Read again.  Carefully.   Question  vs. statement?.

Others helpfully pointed out to me that the product was defective and not crackle glaze as it appears in the photo.

Are you aware of crackle glaze? 

Read my follow up comments.

Have a nice day.