Valued Contributor

I have also made a decision to not purchase any additional Temptations items. I have Pyrex, Fire King, and Corning Ware, along with other much older brands of casserole dishes, and none of them have had crazing problems like Temptations. I have had to throw away three Temptation casserole dishes, so I am done with that brand. Strangely, I have had no problems with some of Temptation's much older pieces. Did something change regarding Temptation's manufacturing? There clearly seems to be a problem. 

Esteemed Contributor

Chiming in here because I have written the same thing before.  They are junk, chip very easily and crack.  And yes, I had one crack in the oven on me so NEVER again would I use or purchase from this line.    It's been a few years for me so this has been going on with the qaulity for quite some time.  Live and learn.

Honored Contributor

I don't know where you live or how you live,but we probably would not throw these products out. I'm sure we would find a use for them.

Honored Contributor

@EatWell wrote:

@homedecor1 wrote:

This is one of my mixing bowls -- I noticed this when taking out of dishwasher yesterday.

So I checked a few other pieces and they've done the same.  I noticed it on a newer set too which is floral lace. The unglazed part has done the same☹️☹️☹️

I tossed them, but, boy this is sad especially since I've never used in oven.

0EAF35B7-9FDA-4DBE-BBA1-4E351A9FAB7F.jpeg

Wondering what you are complaining  about.   🤔

What did you notice?  Your photo shows nothing.  What is it suppose to show?

And if it was defective, instead of tossing it out, why didn't you complain to QVC and send the product back for refund or replacement?

So, are you done with Temptations?

~Life is short. Enjoy everyday as if it is your last day on earth. You could die tomorrow.~

@EatWell 

You don't see the crazing (little cracks) in the photo???

This is a very common problem with Temptation's products, just read some of the reviews.

Maybe it was too late to return for refund/replacement?

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@EatWell wrote:

@homedecor1 wrote:

This is one of my mixing bowls -- I noticed this when taking out of dishwasher yesterday.

So I checked a few other pieces and they've done the same.  I noticed it on a newer set too which is floral lace. The unglazed part has done the same☹️☹️☹️

I tossed them, but, boy this is sad especially since I've never used in oven.

0EAF35B7-9FDA-4DBE-BBA1-4E351A9FAB7F.jpeg

Wondering what you are complaining  about.   🤔

What did you notice?  Your photo shows nothing.  What is it suppose to show?

And if it was defective, instead of tossing it out, why didn't you complain to QVC and send the product back for refund or replacement?

So, are you done with Temptations?

~Life is short. Enjoy everyday as if it is your last day on earth. You could die tomorrow.~

@EatWell . Do you see the fine web like lines all over the background?  That's not part of the design at all....that's cracking or crazing after being exposed to heat.

Valued Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 I would never take a crazed item to a thrift store; who would want something covered with crazing or cracked? I have repurposed things my entire life, but crazed pottery is not something I intend to keep. 

Honored Contributor

Did you put them in the dishwasher w/the drying cycle? 

Contributor

I must say, you get what you pay for. I have ordered a few pieces here and there

and have always returned them because of quality issues.

Fiesta Ware or Polish Stoneware are far more superior and last forever.

They are more expensive but have never had any problems with them.

Respected Contributor

This is from an FAQ on Temp-tations' website:

"What is crazing? Is it covered under the warranty?

"For those who aren’t familiar with the term, crazing is what happens to stoneware when the ceramic material and glaze expand and contract at different rates. When this happens, hair-line cracks can develop, commonly known as crazing.

"Many things can affect crazing: the age of the product, the number of times it’s been exposed to heating and cooling cycles, water being absorbed in places where there’s no glaze (for example, on the bottom, where it sits in the kiln), and others.

"Crazing should not affect the performance of your temp-tations® product. However, if it happens after your 30-day return period has ended, we will send you a new piece for free under the terms of the warranty, and you pay only the S&H fee."

Respected Contributor

My Temptations haven't crackled like that but have gotten large, long deep cracks.  I didn't feel safe cooking in them, so I threw it out.  I was very careful.  I don't use in microwave or dishwasher.  Only used in oven and always hand wash.  I won't be buying anymore.