Honored Contributor

Temptations - why no brownie pans?

Of all the shapes they have come up with over the  years, I have yet to see a brownie pan.  Square, maybe 8x8 or 9x9.  I did find one, on ebay, part of a set.  Tara, please include one in a modest set, maybe just two brownie pans?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Temptations - why no brownie pans?

@depglass - The brownie pans from Temp-tations tend to be the 7x11" rectangular ones; Tara has even mentioned that she considers that size a standard brownie pan (and it does hold the same volume as a 9" square pan). I have a 9" baker they released on its own a couple years ago, and they've mentioned that they're trying to offer some smaller pieces, especially since so many people have countertop ovens now. So hopefully if you keep watching, you'll find what you need. Good luck!

Honored Contributor

Isn't it better to make brownies in a glass or metal pan vs. Temp-Tations which is ceramic stoneware?  Just asking, I'm not an expert by any means.

Esteemed Contributor

@depglass I bought a large Temp-tations kitchen essentials set back in the late aughts or early 10's. It looked something like this:

A brownie pan was included in the set. In fact, I just got rid of it because it was so crazed. I had been using it to hold napkins. I replaced it with this:

K66902

It measures 7.6 in by 7.6 in. I now collect Poinsettia (without the cardinal) and this napkin holder didn't have a cardinal in the decoration - just holding down the napkins. I guess you might be able to use it for a brownie pan.

Also, the Temp-tations website has a brownie pan with a lid-it, but it's available only in a Christmas Gnome pattern.