Super Contributor

Re: Temptations, my two cents

kidznpupz: You make a good point. I might try some pieces in spice and bake in them, but the Cucina stays out of the oven.{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Regular Contributor

I LOVE my temptations and bake in the casserole dishes with no problem. BUT the cookie sheets BREAK in half in the oven after only a couple of months. I have had this happen to me twice and last week I heard the pop and had cookies in my oven. I called and they want it back but have yet to receive a label to send them. Beware of the cracking with the sheets and I am a long time baker and doing nothing wrong to make them crack. I am only writing this to be sure you don't get hurt so PLEASE don't blast me as I don't really like posting on these boards!!!!

Arley

Valued Contributor

wildcherry, am glad to hear how much you enjoy your TT!! No where have I heard or seen that you have to bake in them..lol. Having them out for display or using them as serving dishes is great!! whatever way you decide to use them if you like the look!

Trusted Contributor

Can someone post a photo of the Cucina pattern pieces? I have never heard of it & searched eBay & there was none. Thanks.

Valued Contributor

Found this on eBay....copy & paste. You can also type in the eBay search engine Cucina pattern Temptation and it should bring up what is being offered...HTH

http://www.ebay.com/itm/8-Piece-Retired-Cucina-Pattern-Two-Round-Bakers-2-Trivets-2-Baskets-2-Lids-/...

Regular Contributor

Totally agree about the wire baskets - tossing out a lot of mine! Why do we need to pay for those when we don't want them!!

Honored Contributor

Cucina is a pattern Antonella loved. I think it should have stayed available longer. A lot of people liked it.

Frequent Contributor

I have some bowls that I only serve in-- look beautiful, always get compliments!

I have some mugs -- all have cracks inside from microwaving my tea.

I would never put my bowls in the oven either, wildcherry.

Honored Contributor

I have a couple pieces from when the line first came out. One is a set of single serve rectangular baking dishes with wicker baskets. They are really thick and heavy. They only came in solid colors. I use them in the oven. The other is a big oval bowl with a lid. It has a pattern and is fragile looking. I don't put it in the oven.

Super Contributor

Thanks for all the opinions ladies. I enjoyed the read.