Frequent Contributor

Temptations lidded soup & tray

I'm talking about the pretty set that David had on ....and sold out ..... last Sunday.

K-50347.  Has anyone gotten their set yet? I waited too long trying to decide on a color.  Ugh!🙁. Is it nice?  Would you recommend it? Hope they bring it back soon.  

Super Contributor

Re: Temptations lidded soup & tray

Was this the same set @LdyBugz posted having a problem with the other day? I remembered her post because I almost bought that color and would have been disappointed too. Woman Wink

@LdyBugz wrote:

I decided to take a chance again with this line because the set looked nice during the presentation.  Well, four sets of these arrived today and they all have the same problem.  The plate and crock lid are the same standard green.  The crock however is an olive green.  It looks horrible together.  How can they sell stuff like this?  I swore a while ago to never order from this line again after so many pieces breaking and paint issues.  I can kick myself for not listening to my better judgement.  😡

Image.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

Shockingly, I purchased the set.  I vowed NEVER to ever buy Temptations again due to the poor quality imho.  But I purchased the grey set, not the flowery one but the one with the white scrolling - forgot what you call it!  

Just received them today and put them on gentle wash in dishwasher.  Appears they survived very nicely.  Imo they are pretty - I like things on the plainer side and these are quite nice.  If they hold up - FINGERS CROSSED - I may purchase more pieces in this line.

So, I would recommend this set.  But, remember, only put through dishwasher - haven't used them yet!

P.S.  I know what you mean about waiting too long.  I was gonna get the taupe and missed out on that, but these gray dishes are very pretty.  I always wait and go back a few times 'cause people cancel so colors pop up and come and go.Woman Wink

Esteemed Contributor

@CindyDale, just noticed the pattern @Happy2BHere  posted is the pattern I got.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CindyDale 

hope this helps with colors.  They are very nice - mine were delivered today by UPS. I ordered taupe floral lace but I also got a green floral lace🤷‍♀️.  I had them both in my cart cuz I couldn't decide & I guess I didn't correct when I placed the order😉

I will say the green is a forest green and the bowl is "slightly" lighter.  Trim looks beige not white. 

They are larger than I expected🙂

Now to decide ...

53C06A28-DF84-4676-AA7F-F456081FC611.jpeg

28FC5F05-CD2C-4857-B177-8196F7E86693.jpeg

C32DD1EA-20B9-467B-93CB-766D0F9469FA.jpeg

I ordered Harvest because thought of many uses for using from dips to gravy --

0ECECF26-37FA-4AEF-8AEB-3D0B13697006.jpeg

Frequent Contributor

All look gorgeous.  Now I'm REALLY mad that I waited so long.

Honored Contributor

Keep checking in the "as is" frequently.  Sadly, as @LdyBugz noted in her pic - just took the other GREEN floral lace out -- its "grey green" completely different than the other.

So I'd say stay away from Green Floral Lace Smiley Sad

Just packed it up for return!

Trusted Contributor

@homedecor1  @CindyDale.  Definitely stay away from the green Floral Lace!  

Super Contributor

I. Waited too long also,was trying not to buy anymore but these look like nice sizes and I would use them a lot..now back to stalking the as is...ha

Super Contributor

The green set with two completely different colors is so bizarre.  Is there a way someone could send a photo to Tara?  She probably won't do anything about it, but she should be made aware.  It would appear that the pieces were made in two different factories and they didn't get the same color memo, LOL.

The set is cute.  I have a similar polka dot set by TT and use it often.  I may buy this one at a later date but will be sure to stay away from the green.