Trusted Contributor

Re: Temptations - it happened to me....

On 1/19/2014 SuesCat said:

Hi ~ NYC2AZ

Earlier here, i saw Golden Karen's recipe for pbj muffins and 'figured i have to try them because i am a peanut butter junkie!

But i never get good results w/ the old tins i have, so i started looking around for stoneware muffin pans i could afford (would LOVE to have Polish Stoneware pans!). I did find some options in various dept. stores online. 'Thought i'd look at Temptations... but i decided to pass as they are made in China. Then i saw this thread, including Mary's comment. That did it for me. 'Never considering Temptations again. I think i'll try some other non-stick pans. 'Sorry about your experience. Get your money back! Take care.

First off.........another welcome to NYC2AZ.......and so sorry for your inident.......Now....here is a site for Polish Stoneware that often has great sales.........Cool

http://www.artisantable.com/polish-pottery/c/1650/

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Regular Contributor

Welcome! I bought two sets, I thought they were pretty, and a great deal. One set was on clearance, round pieces with lids and I think a TSV set. The larger round piece with the lid cracked in the oven after a few uses, and the smaller one crazed...I think that is what they call it. Such a shame. I won't purchase again. I bought these pieces several years ago, after watching them for quite sometime, but without checking reviews. I now know this is a common issue.

Valued Contributor

On 1/20/2014 forrestwolf said:
On 1/19/2014 SuesCat said:

... so i started looking around for stoneware muffin pans i could afford (would LOVE to have Polish Stoneware pans!). ...

First off.........another welcome to NYC2AZ.......and so sorry for your inident.......Now....here is a site for Polish Stoneware that often has great sales.........Cool

http://www.artisantable.com/polish-pottery/c/1650/

forrestwolf ~ thank you for the link! My Mom (in her mid-late 80's) has a nice collection, ever-growing! All of us "kids" still gather at her place for major holidays and we have been taking over most of the cooking for these get-togethers. We just love all the baking & serving pieces she has.. and although different patterns, they all look beautiful together!

She has a few favorite links to shop for the pottery. I'll have to pass this one along to her if she doesn't already visit it. I'm always encouraging her to treat herself for every good report from her Doctors! AND i'll have to mention that i'm looking for a muffing pan! My birthday's coming up.... in October! lol Oh well!

P.S. Sorry for taking this off-topic {#emotions_dlg.blush} .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Kindness is a gift everyone can afford to give.
**Be the reason someone smiles today : )