Contributor

Temptations - it happened to me....

Hello, everyone. I'm new to posting but have been reading the boards for awhile. I've read some posts about Temptations pieces cracking in the oven but had never experienced this so I continued to buy a few items from time to time. Tonight, I used one of the new deeper lid it's as a pan for roasting meat in the oven. The temperature is set to 350, the rack is in the upper third of the oven and it was about 40 minutes into an hour of cooking. As I'm preparing the rest of dinner, I hear a pop sound but I couldn't figure out where it came from. I checked the meat only to see the lid it cracked into two pieces...right down the middle. Needless to say, I'm disappointed and will now think twice before purchasing another piece of Temptations. I only decided to post this to highlight it for those who haven't experienced it....yet. Perhaps the newer pieces have an inferior quality?
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Temptations - it happened to me....

I'm so sorry this happened to you. I own one piece and there will be no more.

Contributor

Thanks, Mary. I'm bummed as I liked that piece. Isn't that the way it goes? The one piece I like has to break...oh well. I've used this in the oven before but I usually put the Temptations on a sheet pan. I didn't do that this time, though.
Valued Contributor

Hi ~ NYC2AZ

Earlier here, i saw Golden Karen's recipe for pbj muffins and 'figured i have to try them because i am a peanut butter junkie!

But i never get good results w/ the old tins i have, so i started looking around for stoneware muffin pans i could afford (would LOVE to have Polish Stoneware pans!). I did find some options in various dept. stores online. 'Thought i'd look at Temptations... but i decided to pass as they are made in China. Then i saw this thread, including Mary's comment. That did it for me. 'Never considering Temptations again. I think i'll try some other non-stick pans. 'Sorry about your experience. Get your money back! Take care.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Kindness is a gift everyone can afford to give.
**Be the reason someone smiles today : )
Honored Contributor

On 1/19/2014 SuesCat said:

But i never get good results w/ the old tins i have, so i started looking around for stoneware muffin pans i could afford (would LOVE to have Polish Stoneware pans!). I did find some options in various dept. stores online. I think i'll try some other non-stick pans.

Try this from Pampered Chef.

Valued Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.laugh} Thank you, lolakimono!!! You are our resident personal shopper! Yes, i also saw the Haeger and wondered if it's the same product. I see JCP has the Haeger on sale for $25.99 instead of the $37. Good call~!!! Thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Kindness is a gift everyone can afford to give.
**Be the reason someone smiles today : )
Regular Contributor

Welcome to the boards!{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} I'm still waiting for something like that to happen to me now.... i have older pieces, but at least I've been warned. Sorry that happened to you. Tara really needs to upgrade to a better quality material.

Honored Contributor

If you look at the left-hand side of this page under "Kitchen & Food," you will see that we have several sub-forums, one of which is dedicated to "Temptations."

You might want to post your experience and thoughts about the product there as well.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

I bought my daughter a set of the Old World pattern. She had two pieces crack on her. One she was backing mac & cheese & one lasagna. The cookware or Tara has never appealed to me.

Respected Contributor

No way I'd ever buy any Temptations. It doesn't matter how ''pretty'' the dish is if you have to throw out your food because of the dish cracking while cooking.