Contributor

Temptations - is this reasonable?

Hi! I’ve recently been gifted a few pieces of Temptations stoneware and really love the way the blue lace floral pattern looks. I ordered one of the centerpiece bowls to complement what o was given. It arrived today and it is evident there is a dark smudge/dot in the clay. I know I might be picky, but it bothers me.  Do you think this is a natural/normal thing to see in this type of stoneware? Am I being unreasonable or would you return?E4119048-4BB8-4368-B614-92B808DA132C.jpeg

Contributor

Re: Temptations - is this reasonable?

I own a lot of temptations pieces but never received a piece looking like yours.  I would exchange it for another one.  I believe exchanges are free.  I would mark it as damaged or defective, and the craftsmanship is not acceptable.  Don't settle for something you are unhappy with.

Honored Contributor

I don't know the answer, but I do know once you notice something like that you see it each and every time you get that piece out to use.   (If it is still in stock and it's less than 30 days, you could return it as defective and request a replacement.  You would not have to pay the return postage since it is defective.)

Honored Contributor

@ohdollypop.  I would return it.  Definitely a flaw which shouldn't have passed inspection.  Everytime you'll look at it, your eyes will go right to that spot.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

For ohdollypop, no this is not reasonable, this is defective and needs to be returned.  This is my favorite pattern and have collected this for many years and never seen this problem. I have no doubts they will make it right for you and you will love it.  Even after all these years I get compliments on mine when I serve it or gift it.

Honored Contributor

I agree, once you see it, it will bother you.  I just might want to return that. 

I also have Blue Floral Lace but I must say, NONE are perfect.  While I have never rec'd one with that spot....each piece has a blot, smudge, inconsistent design, crooked here, there etc.

I would return every piece I have if I was trying for a totally perfect piece.  Knowing they are supposedly hand done, it is to be expected I guess.  I figure, you get what you pay for.

I wouldn't wait though, Blue Floral sells out FAST!  I would contact C/S or a mod to see about getting your replacement order placed.  Waiting 3 weeks for return and reship could very well see this item sell out.

Honored Contributor

It isn't unreasonable to expect an item to be as perfect as it can be when you order. I would never keep a piece with any kind of flaw on it. Send it back, it won't cost you anything but your time. I bought a few pieces of Temptations years ago and do like the way it performs, but I don't like the looks of it. Although it is quite expensive, I prefer Polish stoneware.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

This is a defect, return it for replacement.....I love the blue Floral Lace but I do not love TempTations quality, so I get only pieces that do not go in the oven.

Honored Contributor

Call the Temptations CS number, not the QVC number.  When one of my pieces arrived chipped, they simply sent me a new one. I never had to return the chipped one.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Please request a replacement.  Tara will understand.  Smiley Happy