Occasional Contributor

Temptations I have Had it with You!

How many people are as disgusted with Temptations as I am? I have been collecting since day one. I especially love my Fall Pumpkin Patch collection. It's on my Counters and shelves from Septt 1st  -Thanksgiving.I try to add pieces every year. Well this year I have tried to order over 5 new pieces, everyone of them has sold out within minutes of showing. I think my collecting days are over. There must be a fairer way. QVC and Temptations should have a notification system like Valerie does with her home collection. Better yet get some new lines started that will coordinate. I  am tired of having to loose out again and again . I am done.......anyone else fed up with the lack of enough inventory? Tara's get rich and we're getting ******! Venting over. Bye bye Temptations.

Honored Contributor

Re: Temptations I have Had it with You!

Sorry to hear that.  I know the one thing I do like about HSN is you can sign up for notifications when your favorite brands will be on.  Now, they don't send notifications for specific items or give any specifics.  

And the one thing I like about QVC over HSN is that you can put items in a wish list.

It does seem they like to only carry a small amount of any new color so they can talk about how you need to order quickly before it sells out.  I hate that.  There's one host in particular on HSN that really over does that and really turns me off.

I have several Temptations pieces in the Green Old World, but recently they kinda look tired to me.  I had been thinking about changing over to Cranberry, but I don't know that I'll actually collect any color.  I did get the 3-mixing bowl set in a pretty dark blue.  I really liked the baske-weave pattern on it.  

I'm out of space, so don't need to buy too much more stuff like that.

Frequent Contributor

Have you thought to look on ebay?

Esteemed Contributor

i gave up on Temptations long ago....when quality changed....

Honored Contributor

@Tinytears16

yes it's frustrating since I like as you integrating them into my Fall decor.  

it seems Tara had been gone for awhile and now bringing new things yet they sell out so quick☹️.

Does Tara have a FB page as someone suggested like Valerie --if so, I'd sign up.

I started collecting OW Blue then my friend gifted me FL Blue -- I'm slowly selling unused pieces and I might blend another color in basketweave.  

My biggest pet peeve is I don't need big sets and most are too many pieces.

Respected Contributor

Nope, I'm not disgusted with Temp-tations. In fact, I ordered four items today...one of them being a four piece oval baker set in the pumpkin patch design. I already have this set in red floral lace and love it! 

Occasional Contributor

I have, but either its an item I already have or they want 2x as much as the original price. Have not seen a y of the new pieces on ebay.

Honored Contributor

@Tinytears16I'm sorry you were disappointed.  I don't buy now,  and have just a 2-piece set in a stripe that I'd probably buy again if I saw it although I truly don't need dishes! 

Honored Contributor

The only set of Temptations I own is one of the first items offered.  The color is solid blue. My sister owns a few pieces in the fiesta color.

i don't find myself ever using it.  There are much better baking dishes and items out there.  It is way too heavy and food sticks.  I have to soak the pans to get clean and the water logs in through the bottom.  I think that is why many people have had exploding pans.  They are water logged.

It is awfully expensive to use for decorative purposes IMO and holds no value for resale.   Some day it will end up in the dump, as not many people want QVC exclusive only items.

Just think, you are saving your money when it sells out and you won't have to store the pieces when out of season.  Someone is doing you a favor.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Tinytears16

yes it's frustrating since I like as you integrating them into my Fall decor.  

it seems Tara had been gone for awhile and now bringing new things yet they sell out so quick☹️.

Does Tara have a FB page as someone suggested like Valerie --if so, I'd sign up.

I started collecting OW Blue then my friend gifted me FL Blue -- I'm slowly selling unused pieces and I might blend another color in basketweave.  

My biggest pet peeve is I don't need big sets and most are too many pieces.

@homedecor1 & @Tinytears16

You should definitely check out https://www.facebook.com/TemptationsByTara/ — Tara and Lisa regularly upload "sneak peek" videos of upcoming sales and items and host live chats where they answer customer questions. This week, they previewed a lot of the things they have planned for the upcoming year, including the return of some polka dot items and an invitation for customers to share which patterns and colors they'd like to see in the future.

You can also sign up for the Temp-tations mailing list through its website; there are often special deals of the week or weekend there that you'll be alerted about, and you'll also get notifications about Temp-tations shows that are soon to air on QVC.

(And @homedecor1, I definitely agree that there are too many large sets; they're great if you're just starting out or if you want to change styles or add colors to your collection, but I would love to see more individual pieces and smaller sets offered. I think that's starting to be a trend as of this summer, so my fingers are crossed that it continues.)