Honored Contributor

Re: Temptations Dinnerware and excessive cracking and chipping of plates.

On 12/12/2014 gkelly5744 said:
On 12/11/2014 Shogirl said:

I bought a set of Bobby Flay stoneware and everything I read about it had similar comments - it chips easily. Well, I've had it now for 8 months and see only one tiny chip on the side of one plate. The rest of my 16 place settings are in pristine shape. I wash them in the dishwasher and when I take them out and put them in the cabinet, I'm mindful of not knocking them around or hitting them against each other, etc. I think the way you take care of them makes a difference, too.

Speaking of Temp-tations, I'm one of those who have had lots of pieces for years and no breakage or wear problems. I am totally pleased with the brand and will continue to buy as needed.

I'm editing this to say that I didn't want to infer that the OP's sister doesn't take care of her dishes. I'm just telling my experience with using stoneware and Temp-tations.

Thanks for letting us know what your experience with Temp-tations have been like! Millions have had the same experience as you & continue to enjoy TT everyday!! I, too, have been using Temp-tations for years now with absolutely NO problems! I put my bigger casserole bake wear into the dishwasher and usually hand washing the others and have not had any "sticking" problems either!

I use my black and white daisy pattern TT every day as serving pieces with my black & white Corelle dishes and have for many years now and I have thus far not had any problems. Of the tens of millions of sets they have sold on QVC the % of ones that have issues are low and it seems to be the same people who have issues over and over, which makes me think the problems may be with the users more than the product. I put all my TT into the dishwasher very day.

Frequent Contributor

On 12/11/2014 Sunshine Kate said:

I suggest Emile Henry, you get what you pay for.

I agree with you and so must millions of other Temp-tation lovers!! The cost of TT is so affordable and you get so much!!

You are laugh out loud funny...I posted about the table issue I had a few weeks ago..and I am not a regular poster...millions of temptations lovers? .? You either have a fixation on this product..or you work for temptations or QVC to keep this board in check. I noticed it in my post and now here. They may throw this out and that is Ok. But, your attitude is a dead give away... I do not and I am sure others do not have time to BABY dishes. It is not China ..It is cheap ceramic. If, it is not dishwasher safe say so...instead of people, insulting us who have busy lives and do not want to waste our money on things that do do hold up if they are cared for in the manner they claim it is supposed to be used for..Instead of the cheap and at times hazardous product it can be...Peace.
Frequent Contributor

I know I am being blunt. Sorry. Here is one more. Why do they not improve on the quality of the product instead of ignoring the issues it has. The concept is good and the products are pretty..The execution has some issues and needs to be addressed. If the product is flawed it is not worth my time and money if it breaks, crazes or chips and I have to throw it out. Sorry, but paying for it again with shipping is not acceptable especially if it is just going to do it again. Or from what I have read from others hurt someone in the process.. I am done being blunt. I really do hope everyone here has a happy and safe holiday season.
Honored Contributor

don't expect the quality to TT to improve as long as it continues to sell and isn't returned when it falls apart......far too high-maintenance for me so I don't have any of my own; unfortunately I bought some for 2 of my daughters and so far, so good but they don't use them everyday. any dinnerware that Q won't guarantee for more than a month is worthless IMHO.

Honored Contributor

I agree with you and so must millions of other Temp-tation lovers!! The cost of TT is so affordable and you get so much!!

gkelly - are you for real?

Valued Contributor

On 12/14/2014 lovesrecess said:

don't expect the quality to TT to improve as long as it continues to sell and isn't returned when it falls apart......far too high-maintenance for me so I don't have any of my own; unfortunately I bought some for 2 of my daughters and so far, so good but they don't use them everyday. any dinnerware that Q won't guarantee for more than a month is worthless IMHO.

FYI-you can go to Tara's website and register your bake ware there & it is guaranteed for a full year. It costs nothing for replacements, just $10 for shipping which is a good price,IMO. Very easy to do! I don't know of anything the Q offers that is guaranteed for more than 30 days, that is on everything as far as I know not just Temp-tations.

Good to know your daughters are enjoying their Temp-tations!

Trusted Contributor

I have several pieces of bakeware and three sets of dishes and I cringe every time my DH empties the dishwasher and clatters them together. But despite some very rough treatment, I have not had a chip or a scratch on anything! I suppose when anything is manufactured in quantity, particularly in China, there are bound to be QC issues, but I haven't experienced any problems.
Esteemed Contributor

On 12/15/2014 terrier3 said:

gkelly - are you for real?

Direct quote from Tara's website:

"And with a base of over 1 million happy and engaged customers (and growing), you’ll benefit from a brand that offers stellar customer service and supports its affiliates to grow their business."

The continued references here to the "millions" (plural meaning two or more millions?) of Temp-tations lovers, and to the "tens of millions of sets sold on QVC" are misleading to say the least. The above quote is referring to all the Temp-tations sold from QVC, Tara's website, and the "Affiliate Program" which sells Temp-tations through other websites. I would have to doubt that every single customer making up that "over 1 million" has purchased more than 10 sets each in order to come up with tens of millions of SETS sold in total, let alone on QVC.

And for those who consistently say that the ones who have problems are few and the same ones post over and over again, it seems odd to me that the ones who love it and have never had a problem are also the same ones who post over and over and over again. Where are all those millions of people who love it and who have purchased "tens of millions " of sets? I see few new names here on the boards regaling us with their wonderful experiences with Temp-tations, just the same ones again and again.

Valued Contributor

On 12/15/2014 lizzief said: I have several pieces of bakeware and three sets of dishes and I cringe every time my DH empties the dishwasher and clatters them together. But despite some very rough treatment, I have not had a chip or a scratch on anything! I suppose when anything is manufactured in quantity, particularly in China, there are bound to be QC issues, but I haven't experienced any problems.

I have always put my bigger casserole bakers in the dishwasher and no problems! I usually had wash the smaller ones. Never treated them any differently than any other dishes. Glad to hear that just like the majority of Temp-tation lovers/customers, you have had no problems with this product!

Respected Contributor

I have another brand of stoneware dinnerware that I've used for 25 years with no chips or scratches. I store it with a piece of thin foam between each piece to keep them from banging into each other when I put them away. I think that helps. Used daily, there are no signs of wear. Granted, what I have is probably better quality than TT, but a little extra care makes a difference, too.