Not applicable

Temptations Bundt Pan sticking

{#emotions_dlg.confused1}My wife and I are avid Temptations fans, gifters, and we love it. Yesterday we had several bananas ripening too quickly (getting lightly freckled). As I was cleaning up the kitchen and emptying the dishwasher, I decided to make banana bread. We had a small box of fiber one muffin mix. In my numerous Lock n Lock were small amounts trail mix, whole almonds, white chocolate chips, flax seed, and raisins about 1 cup total. I have the two container Ninja mixer. I put in 1/2 cup of mix and 1 cup of Fiber one dry mix. Blended in the Ninja , emptied it into large bowl. Repeated it until all dry mix was done. In Ninja I added 6 ripe bananas cut up, 1/2 cup of sour cream, 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil, two whole eggs, and a dash of vanilla.

I blended till smooth. I blended dry and wet mix in large bowl with the kneaded blades of the hand mixer from QVC It was too wet so I added 1/2 cup of flour. Mixed with kneaded blades again until mixed well. Mixture was thick.

I used a spatula to put mixture in the Temptations Bundt pan. It filled the pan. I smoothed it out. I did not spray it with nonstick spray. I let it set on the counter until morning to bake it for my wife when she woke up.

I preset the oven for 350 degrees. I checked other bundt pan recipes for timing. I baked it for 54 minutes. Knife inserted did not come out clean, so I baked for another 20 minutes. Knife came out clean.

I placed the round baker lid over banana bread. Inverted and let set.

It would not come out. I had to use a small knife to get it to come out. The bottom round top wouldn't come out. I had to scrap it out with a spatula.

I mixed melted margarine, 2 drops of vanilla, and powdered sugar basic drizzable icing.

I covered the banana bread with all directions of drizzle.

Cut two pieces of banana bread with our coffee. Woke up my wife with the smell of fresh banana bread wafting towards her nose with the hand fanning. ha ha scene.

It tasted very good. I am just disappointed with the sticking problem.

I'll take the broken up banana bread, and layer it with jello fat free puddings in a sundae dish. Top with fat free cool whip.

I am a loyal fan.

I have lost 25 lbs through Take Off Pounds Sensibly in our local chapter 1534 here in Indianapolis. I am he head weight recorder. I am in my last 10 lbs to go this year. I do a lot of the cooking in Temptation Ware Confetti sets, Old Word red, cranberry, polka dot 13 x 9.

What do you suggest I try next time with the prep for nonsticking??

Trusted Contributor

Re: Temptations Bundt Pan sticking

Spray it with the nonstick spray.

Frequent Contributor

I would spray with Bakers Joy. It's a non stick spray that has oil and flour content. I have never had anything stick. On face book someone suggested dusting pan with graham cracker crumbs to prevent bottom sticking.
Frequent Contributor

All of my bundt cake recipes say to prep the pan. I have three of the heavy-duty decorative Nordic Ware bundt pans from Williams-Sonoma with the goldtouch nonstick finish as well as the W-S goldtouch plain and decorative loaf pans for quick breads. I always prep them.

Use this or this or this lightly and evenly or prep with butter and flour (hard to do with a decorative bundt pan, and it can come out clumpy). I always cool my cakes on a rack ~15 minutes out of the oven before inverting.

Good luck.

Esteemed Contributor

Baking is one of those "chemistry" things, so if one doesn't follow the rules, one is bound to hit a brick wall or two. Would suggest the following in the future:

1. Upon completion of making the cake or bread "batter," place it into a prepared pan/dish/container and then into oven, unless it contains yeast and requires time to rise in warm temp outside of the oven. Bottom line: when one makes a cake or non-yeast bread, it goes into the pan then immediately into the oven.

2. Treatment of pan/dish/container: when in doubt always, as in "always," rub the baking pan with butter, margarine or crisco, then dust with all-purpose flour. Tapping the pan against the counter and up-end the pan to release the extra flour. Now add batter to pan and place immediately into oven.

Good luck!

Frequent Contributor

Good catch, sfnative! I can't believe I missed that little tidbit in the OP the first time around.

Don't think I've ever seen a bundt cake recipe that needs proofing overnight.... Smile