Honored Contributor

K51078. is the item number.   Presentation said the pan is good for baking a pie or cake.  I always follow a recipe so unless I had a recipe for a cake or pie crust I would be afraid to use as suggested. 

How would I adapt for a cake or even a standard pie crust, thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: Temptations Baking Rounds

A 9" round would just make a thinner cake than an 8" (and you would have to adjust baking time, not the recipé)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mom2Dogs  I like Temp-tations for baking because stoneware is basically nonstick. I don't have these, but they look like standard cake pan size. So, you would divide the batter between them. I usually butter and flour the pans, so I  would suggest that. I don't think they would be great for my pies, because I'm used to regular pie plates.

ETA: I see now that they are a bit larger than standard cake pans, and I agree with @Desertdi  regarding baking times.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mom2Dogs 

You're confusing me.   These are ceramic baking pans vs metal metal pans.

They are exactly the same, no need to adapt.  You still need to grease and flour or grease- parchment-grease or just grease

No different, a recipe does not state metal pans, ceramic pan etc.

Treat it like pyrex, those are glass, these are ceramic.

I don't see them as a pie pan though, these are definitely cake pans.

I use ceramic for baking let's say a chicken in the oven or possibly a potato casserole, I've never baked a cake with ceramic rounds, I've baked a cake in a 9x13 rectangular mainly because using rounds you generally take the cake layer out of the pan and with a rectangular you generally keep the cake in the pan while serving.

You could use a ceramic round let's say for a coffee cake, those are generally kept in the pan.  That would be an idea

Most cake recipes do call for 9" round so that wouldn't be a problem.

Esteemed Contributor

i wouldn't put anything Temptations in the oven....have heard too many stories of this stoneware cracking....jmo.....

Honored Contributor

@nana59   I've never used my Temptations except in the oven. I don't have any that would be useful otherwise.

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling You are correct, the rounds are like my current round baking pans, ha!  I guess my confusion was with pie crusts, as to how I would use that syle of pan for a pie,  and you answered my question about using for a pie..I don't think I would either but it was mentioned as a pie pan during the presentation.  Thanks!