Respected Contributor

Temp-tations vs. Rachael Ray Cucina

Saturday marked the end of another set of Temp-tations for me. All of the other ovenware pieces had cracked over the years except the 9X9 polka dot square baker. Well that cracked in the oven while making brownies in it last weekend. I've had the floral lace pattern, the polka dot pattern, and the Old World pattern. What I have left is a polka dot canister set perhaps because it didn't go in the oven. I have a couple of higher-priced French baking dishes that for me are difficult to clean after use. I used Temp-tations moderately, never over 350 degrees, and I hand washed them. A couple pieces broke after only 1-2 uses. But silly me, I looked online for another Temp-tations 9X9 dish so my college child could make brownies when home. I did not find one. I found Rachael Ray's stoneware Cucina line. I ordered 2 pieces that arrived today. For those of you who have purchased Rachael Ray's stoneware baking dishes: How would you compare their quality toTemp-tations?

Respected Contributor

Re: Temp-tations vs. Rachael Ray Cucina

I had Rachel's bakeware and mine split in half in the oven.  I will never buy another product from her.  I have also seen ratings on her stuff and it's all negative.  On the other hand I have many Temp-Tations pieces and have had no problem with them and I have plenty of them.  I have seen many people on here complaining about their Temp-Tations breaking and splitting in half but I have not had that problem.

Occasional Contributor

I have a 4 piece set of the RR Cucina - two casserole dishes that share a lid and two open shallow bakers.  I love them.  Easy clean up and no breakage, unlike my Temptation bakers.

Esteemed Contributor

Still using my Pyrex and Corningware from the 70's.......love the retro look!!

Trusted Contributor

I don't have Rachael Ray's cucina line, but do own a few pieces of her other modern designed bakeware.  I love them...they perform very well and clean up exceptionally well.

I also own Temptations but use most of them for serving only, not baking.  I do occasionally use the 13 x 9" bakers to make cakes or to cook chicken or pasta dishes in.  I have had a few pieces craze, and that makes me nervous so I no longer bake in those.

Esteemed Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

Still using my Pyrex and Corningware from the 70's.......love the retro look!!

I love my Corningware.  I've had it forever, and it's held up beautifully.  No problems with breaking, cracking, grazing ever, and it still looks great.

I've never even thought about buying Temptations or RR.  If I didn't love my Corningware, I would definitely look at brands other than those.  JMO  :-)

Honored Contributor

I have had good luck with Le Creuset bakeware, Apilco, and Emile Henry.  All are great but very expensive so I buy them when I find them on sale.  I have had no problems with them.  Apilco is my favorite and seems the most durable, but those really have to be marked down.

To me, these clean up great, but I always thought the Corning ware was difficult to clean and get all the little spots and burned places off.

One good thing is that casserole and dessert sizes are pretty standard, so you don't really need a lot of different sizes.  

Super Contributor

I love my Le Creuset. I have had no problems at all with their products. When necessary, I just soak in hot water and Dish detergent for just a few minutes, and cleaning is easy. I replaced all my Temptations with Le Creuset.

Respected Contributor

I have both ( as well as Le Creuset, Corning, Emile Henry, Pyrex and many others)

I like RR, have never had any breakage

Only had one Temptations piece break, that was when doing a Dutch Baby Pancake in a 450 oven...Sadly it was Blue Toile, a pattern I loved, but was discontinued, do I couldn't relace it

Honored Contributor

I had nothing but problems with Temp-tations.

I prefer Fiestaware - made in the USA.

I also got a set from Lidia Bastianich when she sold at QVC. That was the BEST set I have ever had...still use it and gave many pieces to family members too!

I was sorry to see Lidia's bakeware and pasta sets go away!