Honored Contributor

Temp-tations in a Hallmark Christmas movie

Just working in the kitchen, and had Hallmark on. They were showing the movie "Ice Sculpture Christmas". I happened to look up and see what I'm pretty sure was this older piece of Temp-tations sitting on the counter in their kitchen .

Image result for Temp-tations old world holiday holiday

Old World Holiday from many years ago. I have several pieces of this and really love it. Wish she would have done more in this pattern as the colors are so vibrant. 

I'm usually scanning the kitchens on TV for vintage Pyrex and Corningware, but saw this instead!! LOL 

Valued Contributor

Re: Temp-tations in a Hallmark Christmas movie

[ Edited ]

How funny!  I actually owned this piece but gave it to a friend.  I will have to look closer at stuff when watching movies.  

eta - I have quite a bit of the Hometown Christmas pattern.  I use it all winter.  

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio - You can always be on the lookout for Temp-tations cameos in Hallmark and Lifetime movies, whether it's at Christmas or not; I've seen many sets featured on those channels over the years. Seeing them makes me chuckle for some reason...  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@Mominohio - You can always be on the lookout for Temp-tations cameos in Hallmark and Lifetime movies, whether it's at Christmas or not; I've seen many sets featured on those channels over the years. Seeing them makes me chuckle for some reason...  Smiley Happy

I have to wonder if the company actually pays to have them placed, or if there are still 'prop houses' and they (QVC or Tara) gets them into those places in hopes they will be placed. 

First time I've seen them in Hallmark movies. I have seen them in a number of reality shows though.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio

I do that, too!  I pause the kitchen scenes so I can look at all the details!  I guess we're two nuts in the same jar, huh?

~ house cat ~
Valued Contributor

I always look at the rooms the people are in on tv. Love to watch old reruns of many shows. The other day I was watching a rerun of The Bob Newhart show and the wallpaper in the kitchen was huge flowers and colors were orange, yellow, white and green. I think the appliances were brown. I remember when it originally aired I thought they had the coolest apt! I also noticed on That 70's Show, the moms recipe box is the same as the one I bought for my home ec class, and my mom had it til she passed. I have it back now. Love to look at the recipes in her hand writing

cookin

Honored Contributor

Paper plates rule now days.

Regular Contributor

They also use a lot of Christmas scenes from downtown Pittsburgh---the ice rink and tree at PPG Plaza, the Christmas tree on the side of the old Joseph Horne's store (this decoration is still used today) and views from  Mt. Washington.  I've seen these scenes in quite a few of their Christmas movies.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@house_cat wrote:

@Mominohio

(great names- love cats, have one black beauty left out of many beauties & I'm from Ohio)

room in that jar for an extra nut?Cat LOL

I do that all the time, and in slow mo, I like to catch Vitamix, Le Creuset, dinnerware, stuff from my grandma, great aunts,  and parents times-   love it when I see items my Mom & Dad had HeartHeart

There's a movie,  Splendor in the Grass -1961, starring Natalie Wood and Warren Beatty-  i watched it during a TV showing years later when I was a kid.

anyway, in a scene at her parents dining room table, there are golden glasses- I HAVE THOSE GLASSES-  from my great aunt....I've adored them forever.  I've watched that movie often.  a few years while watching, ago, I noticed  my great aunt's- then my mom's, now my- golden glasses. I literally jumped up and screamed, everyone came running from all over the house thinking something gosh awlful had happened ....I literally was trying trying to catch my breath, they really thought something was wrong- a few years before I had had a stroke, so they thought the worse....it's was a weird, dark comedy happening....

so, if you see the movie, look for a meal scene at her parents table and the beautiful golden long goblets.

HeartCat Very HappyHeart

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Honored Contributor

Well, goes to show you these is no accounting for taste.LOL