Valued Contributor

Temp-tations dinnerware help/opinions

I really need some opinions regarding the Old World Dinnerware that was presented this morning. I have been looking for a new set of dishes for the last several months. I have a set of Lenox stoneware dishes that I've had for about 20 years now and it's really starting to show its age. It's been a great set for a long time, but the pattern is fading and, frankly, I'm kind of bored of it. It was actually a set that was made in the USA (Poppies on Blue) but it is a discontinued pattern. Even Lenox has started making everything but their fine china overseas. I have been trying to find a dinnerware pattern that I like that is not made in China, but I can't really find anything I like. I have discovered sites that sell the Polish stoneware and while the dishes are beautiful, they are extremely expensive and very heavy (I have a few odd and ends of Polish stoneware.). I have been looking at the Old World dinnerware for some time, but have hesitated to order because it's made in China and because there seems to be some bad reviews. On the other hand, there are glowing reviews as well. Really on the fence about what to do and wanted to get some opinions. I know a lot of people enjoy the Fiestaware and it's a big positive that it's made in the USA, but it's slightly boring to me. I have found a few small potteries in the USA that make dinnerware, but the styles are a little too "folksy" for me. Help!!