Regular Contributor

Re: Temp-tations broke in oven

I am new to Temptations.  I purchased a set of plates and bowls for 8 and a few serving dishes and was going to use them in the oven but I just never did for whatever reason.  Glad I didn't after reading these reviews.  I've read some other reviews that talked about them breaking in the oven.  I think they are so pretty and saw a baking dish set that I loved but if I can't bake in it then what is the point.  

Esteemed Contributor

@nomadmom3  Oh, NO!  Cannot imagine the mess in your oven. Have heard rumors about that brand. But have never purchased any. So sorry. Write a scathing review!

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

I have never bought any Temptations and never will.  Everytime you turn around, there is a new item by them.  I can't believe they can produce them that fast and have quality control.

I still use my old corelle and pyrex as others do.  My daughter and son both have bought Fiesta and have had no issues w/them.  Made in USA!

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1

I would not let the lack of original pkg/box deter you from returning something that is not as described and defective.

Just wrap it in newpaper and return in a different box.

You can print your invoice and return label online.

Jan 31st returns is just that.  They always say, No Questions asked!

They still have to give you a full refund for defective items.  Nothing says you have to have the original packaging.

Honored Contributor

I hope everyone with these issues is reporting to the company!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Respected Contributor

It's immoral that people on fixed incomes lose this product to heat breakage year after year without any improvement in durability.

Honored Contributor

@Free2be wrote:

It's immoral that people on fixed incomes lose this product to heat breakage year after year without any improvement in durability.

ITA.  I think they're stuck on producing them as cheaply as possible, so they are not properly fired.   This is generally why I would never use Chinese-made stoneware in any heat source.  But this brand seems particularly bad in this area.   

I've never purchased this brand because I find them aesthetically unappealing, but I've seen them and you can tell, right out the gate, that they are cheaply made.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'd say the main problem is inconsistency—I have several older sets that are still in perfect condition, as others have noted, but I also have quite a few newer casserole dishes that have had no issues. I dislike the two primary patterns and don't own any items featuring them, so I'm guessing that's where many of the problems come from because (again, as others have noted) Temp-tations makes way too many pieces and therefore has to have a way to produce them quickly and cheaply to keep up with its not-very-well-thought-out sales model. Tara says she listens to customer requests, but from what I've seen around the boards, she's not listening to anyone here.

New Contributor

Reply to blogger:  Place item on a baking sheet.  I've had Temp-tations since the day QVC first sold it, and have never had a piece break.  I'm still usingt some of my floral lace pattern .

Valued Contributor

So pretty but so useless as bakeware. I only buy bowls or display pieces. Anything that doesn't get used in the oven, and they are pretty and intact that way. Sad the investment people make and the money we lose for it.