My floral lace 9x13 broke in my oven last night, while baking a meatloaf. It split right down the center.
I had to slide it onto a cookie sheet to get it out of the oven, but it still made a mess. I’m very disappointed.
If I could add a pic to this post I would.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Temp-tations broke in oven

[ Edited ]

I am so sorry that happened to you @nomadmom3

After the reviews on Temptations items, I wont take a chance any longer.  I use my items to serve which kind of defeats the purpose in which I bought it for....I will not be buying any more of it.  Though beautiful, I own the black floral lace, if you cant bake in it, whats the use of it...yep only to serve.

Esteemed Contributor

i won't use anything but my vintage pyrex and corningware.....learned my lesson.....

Honored Contributor

Regardless of how pretty the pattern, this brand continues to rate poorly with baking.   I personally choose not to pay money for bakeware that doesn’t survive in the oven.   

I have received 2 pieces of this bakeware as gifts, and use them only for serving.   

Valued Contributor

So did mine so I don’t buy it anymore

Honored Contributor

@nomadmom3.  It could be worse.  We had a report from one poster who was removing her rib roast from the oven Christmas Day, with guests assembled in the dining room, when the Temptations pan broke and the roast went all over the floor.  She didn't say but I always wondered what they ate.  Hers was a considerable monetary loss too.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've only bought two pie plates - they're going to a resale shop because of these stories.

Will stick with my ancient Corelle and Pyrex.

Denise
Honored Contributor

I have several sets and only had one square dish that seemed to get light cracks on it.  I disposed of it.  All my pieces are probably close to 10 years old or more.  Better quality than now, I think.   Also, the larger pieces I seldom use now as I don't cook large amounts.  There are some pieces that I use frequently.   I watch the shows but won't order more.  I think the quality has gone down.  Even the painting on some they show doesn't look that great.  The last time I ordered I returned the item as the painting was bad and the stoneware seemed so thin like it would break easily.  

Valued Contributor

@StephaniM wrote:

So did mine so I don’t buy it anymore

Same here @StephaniM  I had 3 pieces and every one of them cracked on me, never again!

Honored Contributor

Just recently, I ordered the Q2 TSV mainly for the color "red" and I only use my "older" pieces if I bake in them, rarely (which is ridiculous) but serve as they "compliment" my table or buffet.

If I didn't throw away the box & packaging they would be on the way back to Q.  Why???

The color is definitely not red but a light orange-pink.  I didn't notice until I was using them.

Some pieces painted on one side -- other places hardly painted.

The size is weird not a "true rectangle" it's like a deep dish version of a 10x9 or something...

Very disappointed but I will sell them separately at a yard sale.  Plus, they are "thin" stoneware not like my older pieces.

Just noticed on a set I've had for over 10 years ... re-organizing my pieces ....bottom of 13x9 looks like a crack running up the side☹️ & 8x8 piece has crazing.  Guess we know where they are going tomorrow...trash!