Reply
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,221
Registered: ‎08-09-2012
On 12/7/2014 Sylanne said: I'm posting about once loyal TT's buyers who are now posting their complaints w/the lack of quality of their purchases-------it is there be it on this BB or TT's Facebook page.

That ""new"" poster said she has been reading reviews and maybe the forums - and everything she mentioned is out there in the reviews alone... she doesn't even have to read the forums to come up with what she's questioning. But she will be accused of the same old things.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 19,960
Registered: ‎08-08-2010
On 12/7/2014 KYToby said:

Perhaps I am just cynical by nature, but I find this post suspicious.

Me too. But on the chance that it is a legitimate question/concern, I'll throw in my two cents worth.

I have purchased Temp-tations since day one. The myth that the older stuff was better is just that, a myth.

Since the beginning, there have been quality problems with this line. It just wasn't seen like it is now, because it wasn't a big seller the first couple of years, and the social media sites weren't as popular a place to discuss the product.

I have older pieces that have failed from the beginning, and newer ones that are strong and sturdy. There seems to be no consistency in quality, whether it is the heaviness of the ceramic, the painting, the glazing the packaging etc. Each new set is a gamble, as were the older ones. What keeps people coming back it the replacement policy, as well and all the new patterns and pieces that keep coming and grabbing people's attention.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,097
Registered: ‎04-22-2010
On 12/7/2014 KYToby said:

Perhaps I am just cynical by nature, but I find this post suspicious.

You're not alone in thinking this....

Honored Contributor
Posts: 13,953
Registered: ‎03-09-2010
On 12/7/2014 Buck-i-Nana said:
On 12/7/2014 Sylanne said: Why would anyone be cynical re a post that repeats the same disappointments of many on this board & Facebook.

Ummm, because they just registered today and there's currently a thread going back and forth with the same claims and rebuttals? It repeats the same disappointments posted and posted and reposted by the same posters IMHO.

Seems to me the same posters are those who, for some bizarre reason, are at the ready and angry at anyone who says they had a problem with TT. The only response is usually personal attack.

I've never seen anything like it before. Talk about crazed...

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor
Posts: 13,953
Registered: ‎03-09-2010
On 12/8/2014 gkelly5744 said:
On 12/7/2014 KYToby said:

Perhaps I am just cynical by nature, but I find this post suspicious.

You're not alone in thinking this....

I do, too.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,958
Registered: ‎09-28-2010
On 12/8/2014 NoelSeven said:
On 12/7/2014 Buck-i-Nana said:
On 12/7/2014 Sylanne said: Why would anyone be cynical re a post that repeats the same disappointments of many on this board & Facebook.

Ummm, because they just registered today and there's currently a thread going back and forth with the same claims and rebuttals? It repeats the same disappointments posted and posted and reposted by the same posters IMHO.

Seems to me the same posters are those who, for some bizarre reason, are at the ready and angry at anyone who says they had a problem with TT. The only response is usually personal attack.

I've never seen anything like it before. Talk about crazed...

Guess we all see what we want to see then. I don't personally attack anyone. I don't have a problem with people stating problems they've had with the product. I do have problems with people who feel compelled to start threads simply to stir the pot, to "innocently (cough cough)" ask why QVC keeps selling it, or outright demand QVC stop selling the product. I have problems with people who admit they've never used the product but "know someone who ...." and repeat the same claim over and over and over again.

I'm suspicious of someone with 1 post to their name who has a family member who has a set and apparently likes it, but they disregard personal experience to start a new thread about how bad the product seems to be?


Honored Contributor
Posts: 13,953
Registered: ‎03-09-2010
On 12/8/2014 Buck-i-Nana said:
On 12/8/2014 NoelSeven said:
On 12/7/2014 Buck-i-Nana said:
On 12/7/2014 Sylanne said: Why would anyone be cynical re a post that repeats the same disappointments of many on this board & Facebook.

Ummm, because they just registered today and there's currently a thread going back and forth with the same claims and rebuttals? It repeats the same disappointments posted and posted and reposted by the same posters IMHO.

Seems to me the same posters are those who, for some bizarre reason, are at the ready and angry at anyone who says they had a problem with TT. The only response is usually personal attack.

I've never seen anything like it before. Talk about crazed...

Guess we all see what we want to see then. I don't personally attack anyone. I don't have a problem with people stating problems they've had with the product. I do have problems with people who feel compelled to start threads simply to stir the pot, to "innocently (cough cough)" ask why QVC keeps selling it, or outright demand QVC stop selling the product. I have problems with people who admit they've never used the product but "know someone who ...." and repeat the same claim over and over and over again.

I'm suspicious of someone with 1 post to their name who has a family member who has a set and apparently likes it, but they disregard personal experience to start a new thread about how bad the product seems to be?

Some of us see more than we only want to see. You admonished me about a question of QVC stopping selling TT, when that had nothing to do with me.

You're also doing the same thing here in your last paragraph even though I said I found the opening post here suspicious also. You might want to take a tea break and calm down.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,958
Registered: ‎09-28-2010
On 12/8/2014 NoelSeven said:
On 12/8/2014 Buck-i-Nana said:
On 12/8/2014 NoelSeven said:
On 12/7/2014 Buck-i-Nana said:
On 12/7/2014 Sylanne said: Why would anyone be cynical re a post that repeats the same disappointments of many on this board & Facebook.

Ummm, because they just registered today and there's currently a thread going back and forth with the same claims and rebuttals? It repeats the same disappointments posted and posted and reposted by the same posters IMHO.

Seems to me the same posters are those who, for some bizarre reason, are at the ready and angry at anyone who says they had a problem with TT. The only response is usually personal attack.

I've never seen anything like it before. Talk about crazed...

Guess we all see what we want to see then. I don't personally attack anyone. I don't have a problem with people stating problems they've had with the product. I do have problems with people who feel compelled to start threads simply to stir the pot, to "innocently (cough cough)" ask why QVC keeps selling it, or outright demand QVC stop selling the product. I have problems with people who admit they've never used the product but "know someone who ...." and repeat the same claim over and over and over again.

I'm suspicious of someone with 1 post to their name who has a family member who has a set and apparently likes it, but they disregard personal experience to start a new thread about how bad the product seems to be?

Some of us see more than we only want to see. You admonished me about a question of QVC stopping selling TT, when that had nothing to do with me.

You're also doing the same thing here in your last paragraph even though I said I found the opening post here suspicious also. You might want to take a tea break and calm down.

I never said you said it, but you were posting on a thread doing exactly that! You posted about the post here being suspicious AFTER the post I was responding to, excuse me for replying before reading the next posting....geesh. I haven't been on here much at all today, so I'm thinking it's not me that needs to take a break and calm down. Look in the mirror.


Honored Contributor
Posts: 13,953
Registered: ‎03-09-2010
On 12/8/2014 Buck-i-Nana said:
On 12/8/2014 NoelSeven said:
On 12/8/2014 Buck-i-Nana said:
On 12/8/2014 NoelSeven said:
On 12/7/2014 Buck-i-Nana said:
On 12/7/2014 Sylanne said: Why would anyone be cynical re a post that repeats the same disappointments of many on this board & Facebook.

Ummm, because they just registered today and there's currently a thread going back and forth with the same claims and rebuttals? It repeats the same disappointments posted and posted and reposted by the same posters IMHO.

Seems to me the same posters are those who, for some bizarre reason, are at the ready and angry at anyone who says they had a problem with TT. The only response is usually personal attack.

I've never seen anything like it before. Talk about crazed...

Guess we all see what we want to see then. I don't personally attack anyone. I don't have a problem with people stating problems they've had with the product. I do have problems with people who feel compelled to start threads simply to stir the pot, to "innocently (cough cough)" ask why QVC keeps selling it, or outright demand QVC stop selling the product. I have problems with people who admit they've never used the product but "know someone who ...." and repeat the same claim over and over and over again.

I'm suspicious of someone with 1 post to their name who has a family member who has a set and apparently likes it, but they disregard personal experience to start a new thread about how bad the product seems to be?

Some of us see more than we only want to see. You admonished me about a question of QVC stopping selling TT, when that had nothing to do with me.

You're also doing the same thing here in your last paragraph even though I said I found the opening post here suspicious also. You might want to take a tea break and calm down.

I never said you said it, but you were posting on a thread doing exactly that! You posted about the post here being suspicious AFTER the post I was responding to, excuse me for replying before reading the next posting....geesh. I haven't been on here much at all today, so I'm thinking it's not me that needs to take a break and calm down. Look in the mirror.

You seem to look for any excuse to use attack others. I will say, it seems nuts to be that angry over a product.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,839
Registered: ‎04-14-2013

I don't get the animosity. Ideas make the world work, and there are lots of bright people here who make a difference.

Cogito ergo sum