Esteemed Contributor

Are not as good as they used to be. Just sayin.

Honored Contributor

Actually, nothing does anymore.

Esteemed Contributor

I think they have gone with more "healthy" recipes. But my children and grandchildren still can't get enough of them!

Trusted Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

Unfortunately, that’s true for most things. Dolly Madison raspberry Zingers used to be my guilty pleasure comfort food snack. Apparently Hostess makes them now and they definitely are not the Zingers of my childhood. Just as well, not good for me anyway. 😕

Respected Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

Absolutely true across the board.  I used to love their lemon Tastypies....now they taste of a lard-like substance.

Their peanut butter Tandy takes are blah.  

The chocolate covered juniors aren’t too bad as is also the coffee cake.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

I've never been a fan of Tastykake (too much sugar!), but I didn't grow up in the Philly area.  I've read that something changed when they moved in 2010 to the new factory at the Philadelphia Naval Business Center.  Long-time fans say products from the new factory just taste different.

Valued Contributor

I still adore snowballs. I love it all - from the rubbery marshmallow outside, to the dry chocolate cake (kake!), to the jaw aching sweetness of the cream filling, Yum!  Found some in bright orange the other day for Halloween.🎃

Respected Contributor

@jlkz wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

Absolutely true across the board.  I used to love their lemon Tastypies....now they taste of a lard-like substance.

Their peanut butter Tandy takes are blah.  

The chocolate covered juniors aren’t too bad as is also the coffee cake.

@jlkz I make the Tandy Takes and you can find the recipe on Pinterest. You make them in a jelly roll pan so it does make a lot. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I haven't had one since I was a kid. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I spent my teen years around Philly and loved the chocolate Tandy Takes.  Suddenly a few years ago, they appeared at Walmart.  I don't know if my taste buds changed or the Tasty Cakes changed, but they weren't nearly as yummy as they used to be.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment