Contributor

Re: Tara at Home collection now on QVC

I just saw this and am glad she has come up with some better designs like she had in the beginning at the Q years ago,  looking forward to the presentatations.

Honored Contributor

Yeah, it certainly looks better than all that stuff they've been selling with the garish designs.   But I would also question the quality.  For that price for two bowls, I would think it would be easy to find products with great quality.

And, BTW, what about that whole 'boring white' garbage-talk they always use to put down other products, when selling her other stuff?

Honored Contributor

I think many QVC customers have commented that they would like some plain/solid color pieces.  Looks like Tara is finally doing that.  I think for the price they better hold-up better than some of the previous pieces.   These do look nice.  Also, I would hesitate to take a chance on the quality, but I don't have the need for more anyway.  These really make the "Old World" look garish.  (I still have some of the Old World pattern, but most of mine are the solid color with the raised pattern in the same color.)  None of my TT have cracked and I do bake with them.   Mine are older when, I think, the quality was better.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Crate & Barrell has a lot of white, plain place settings and lots of different serving pieces.  Two bowls a lot less than $66.  Home Works?  LOTS of other places to look besides just here.

Honored Contributor

The "wood" look does not appeal to me nor the overpriced pieces available.

There are many places to buy nice white serving pieces.  I bought a few at Home Goods, Marshall's.

I still like my Corelle white pieces -- pretty & lightweight.  Not sure what the name of them are but I know they no longer carry them in the Corelle line.  Bought them many years ago at a outlet store.

Esteemed Contributor

@DJs mom wrote:

It will be interesting how Q hosts will sell this since they are always comparing Temptations to the "boring white" stuff you find at retail.

@DJs mom ..... I was just going to write the same thing ..... Temptations is now selling “BORING WHITE STUFF” ....... Tara is such a phony 🤪🤪

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1 - If you ever want help tracking down the pattern name, just post a picture or description; I know there are several of us around here who would be happy to help you find out what you have. I love stoneware for serving bowls and specialty pieces, but my everyday dinnerware is Corelle, and I wouldn't have it any other way.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

The "wood" look is exactly what does appeal to me.  If it was just smooth, stark white stoneware, I wouldn't take a second look.

The textured design is beautiful.

Valued Contributor

I've NEVER boughTemp-tations, but I've seen it at thrift stores for cheap prices.

ALL of my bakeware and dishes are from Portugal or Italy. They are HIGH-QUALITY unlike Temp-tations and other made-in-China INFERIOR products.

Esteemed Contributor

I guess Tara is still planning to keep her network of consultants for the Tara at Home line going even if she brings a few pieces to QVC; I just got this message in my inbox (I signed up for site updates):

tara@home.PNG