Honored Contributor

Re: TWO Bags of Sweet Cherries.

@SilleeMee wrote:

@chickenbutt 

Good to see you! Yes, I like the frozen cherries, too. In fact I've bought several bags of them over the summer and put them in my yogurt and also in my oatmeal. I love cherries...just wish I had the fresh ones. Missed them all summer.

Thank You!  Smiley Happy   Yes, I suppose the frozen ones are better than none and they are pretty decent.    But the fresh ones that come off my neighbor's tree (he told us early one to please help ourselves to them as he really isn't even interested in them) are some of the best cherries I've had from anywhere.   They are beautifully plump and dark.  Sadly, they don't produce every year.

Actually, this year, it looked like there was going to be a good crop.  It's a HUGE tree.  But the biggest problem is that the birds also like them.  I wish I could convince the birds to just take the ones from the very top.  After all, they can get up there and we can't.  My husband will get on a 20' ladder (scary!) and snag what he can but there are a lot more birds this year (probably partially my fault, as I love to watch and feed them), and the cherries didn't even get to grow this time.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt 

I had a cherry tree on my property long ago. I did everything I could to keep the birds away. One year I tried to beat them to the crop and picked them while they were not quite ripe. Boy was that ever a mistake! I made some awfully sour tasting pies that year and everyone new what I had done...! LOL!

Honored Contributor

I live in cherry country here in upper Michigan. We have the very BEST cherries! Our crops were late this year due to our extreme cold spring but this years crop was fantastic!! I never have to buy cherries from a grocery store! Local stands are abundant.Yum!!

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I had my fill. The rainier never are quite s plentiful, and they are my favorites

Honored Contributor

bought 2 bags of organic cherries from whole foods that were under $3 a lb, that were the best tasting ones I had eaten in years---then bought the reg kind and they were awful--threw most of them away-----and then they were gone from the stores at that reasonable price------I had a bing cherry tree in my back yard when I was a kid--and they were incredible--if you could get them before the birds did

Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt SO glad to see you here!cherry.jpg

LOVE cherries and found a great gadget last year for piitting them- I  will try and find a link and pst it- Here is one of the HUGE Raniers I bought! practically big as a small plum!

Honored Contributor

omg @Mothertrucker  that cherry is HUGE!! Smiley Surprised Did you eat it? I hope so!Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

omg @Mothertrucker  that cherry is HUGE!! Smiley Surprised Did you eat it? I hope so!Smiley Very Happy

LOL! those were the best cherries I ever tasted! Like I said, they were as big as small plums...almost...