Honored Contributor

TSV pan for 9/13 -- two warnings

First, I just heard a host say that it is free of any dangerous chemicals. That is NOT true. While it is free of PFOA, it does contain PTFE, which can be dangerous or fatal for birds if used on heat higher than 500 degrees. There is a warning in the Use and Care link.

Second, Meredith keeps touting that you can use the pan on your barbeque; however, again the Use and Care link specifically states not to do so.

I will also post this in CC.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Re: TSV pan for 9/13 -- two warnings

i purchased it in the red because i love this particular line.....already own three other pieces of it. made two soups the other day in them.i dont have birds and no longer have  a bbq. i will say that they do call this lightweight, but it is not THAT "light." it is very durable if anyone is on the fence about this.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45, I have no problem with the pan; I do have a problem with misinformation that could cause many people to have major problems.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@sunshine45, I have no problem with the pan; I do have a problem with misinformation that could cause many people to have major problems.

They definitely need to give correct information.  That is very misleading.

Super Contributor

So agree!  They take the time to tout "PFOA-free" so they clearly are aware of the issues surrounding these chemicals.  Smiley Sad

Trusted Contributor

Saved me some money when I heard it presented the first time. They stated it was a teflon coating. I got rid of all of those and don't want anymore. I would've probably ordered it if it was a chemical free inside. I didn't need another pan anyway.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I cancelled mine when I realized it was Teflon.  I threw all mine away years ago.  It chipped off little pieces and was a true mess. I am sure they have improved it since then, but I don't buy Teflon anymore.  BTW, there's one black one left - the one I cancelled.

Valued Contributor

Thank you for this information. I thought it was a porcelain enamel interior. I don't want tefflon. Now I see that is the exterior! Why!?! I have great non stick pots and pans with porcelain enamel in them. 

Valued Contributor

I canceled my order after reading that it was Teflon.  No thank you, QVC.

Respected Contributor

I also heard David say during a presentation that you might see black marks on the inside where you are stirring. He said not to worry, that it is the teflon showing under the color. Well, what's the point of buying a pretty color if it is going to scrape off?