Occasional Contributor

TSV new colors! Need some help!

Hi Everyone

Got the preview email last night.

I am a huge Temp tations fan (so let's keep this thread positive please). Lots of different sets and pieces in OW Green, OW Spice, OW Fallfetti, OW Poinsettia, FL Brown, FL Green. OW is my everyday cooking sets and FL is my baking sets.

But I absolutely love the new colors in FL. They look Spring/Summer and kind of retro. Like the colors of my mother's kitchen in the 60's/70's. I like the Teal but am deciding if I should get the Pink to go with it. I am picturing a fun Spring/Summer dinner.

Here is my hang up...these colors are totally outside my comfort zone and are kind of their own "thing"...like I will need to move my darker colored pieces to basement storage and just make my glass cabinet all bright colored Temptations.

The TSV does not include a 9x13 baker - which is what I use the most. So whatever color I get, needs to work with that - as that is almost always on my counter for dinner.

I don't want to over think this. We live in a complicated world and it's not worth it to take up brain power debating dishes. But man...those colors just made me so happy to see! Like I can see Summer coming....over the 5 feet of snow outside my window!

Super Contributor

Re: TSV new colors! Need some help!

What's the number?

Occasional Contributor

I will offer it - see it it lasts. K40160 You can see the colors. The TSV price will not come up. I think that will only happen for pre-orders made through the email. It says it will be $45 and change.

I like the Teal, Pink and Tangerine...Lime is bit bright for any type of food I will make.

New Contributor

Love the lime green and 'hot pink'. Bought some last year and was hoping you would come out again this year so I could add to it. I would like to see the 9x13 in the hot pink floral lace since I did order the tsv in in pink floral lace. I am planning on using a combo of lime green & hot pink for my Easter dinner and some of my summer party meals. (I also have a number of sets in lilac OW & PD - which was my first, spice in OW, FL, & POLKA DOT & the blue snowflake pattern which is great.

I would also like to see the red FL WITHOUT the brown on it to have for Christmas and Valentines day. (I just think the brown detracts from it)

Contributor

I was really hoping to see gray, or a sunflower or mustard yellow. I am disappointed to see (if you count the teal as green) there are 3 greens or if you count it as blue, there are 3 blues and not one yellow. I will just hope for better luck next time.
Honored Contributor

I think if you look at your brown Floral Lace as a neutral (which I do), you could use it as the anchor and mix these new summer colors together in your choice, and fill in with the brown FL where there are "gaps" in what is available in those new colors. In other words, I'd think it looks good to put the brown FL 9x13 in with any of those new summer colors, on the same table, even if you mixed and matched the new colors.

I'm like you about being outside the comfort zone with these new colors. I just don't see me doing it. I pre ordered all the Freedomfetti that was offered, and it was all cancelled. Soooo disappointed. I do a red white and blue theme in my kitchen for the summer, and hope this comes out as planned for this year.

Not applicable

I love the new spring colors. I would like to purchase some dinnerware in these colors WITHOUT THE BROWN TRIM!!!!!

Respected Contributor

I'm not sure I could do the bright either. I have black and cream. I'd probably pick cranberry if I couldn't get either of those 2. I like mixing and matching.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Occasional Contributor

I ordered the Pink and Teal. I am going to take mominohio's idea and use a 9 x 13 brown FL baker.

I have more Temptations than I need. Started when it first was on QVC 8(?) years ago and my family was 6 people. Now the older 3 kids are in college and beyond. My daughter uses one set at in her apartment at college.

I am excited for the new colors - love them!

Respected Contributor

I still can't believe this brand continues.

It's almost every month someone posts that they crack, they chip they do everything "under the sun" and wish the company would do something about it.

There are plenty of posts that no one will buy again yet, the what color should I buy continues and even if there is little interest, someone always posts to get the item selling again.

So, I'm confused, that's all, no big deal one way or another, everyone can spend their money on what they want but what's the story?

..and $15 to ship! that's a third of the cost of the product.