Honored Contributor

Re: TSV for 6/8 ice cream maker cooks essentials

@SharkE wrote:

Hey girl, I'm heading to B &B Mon and get that Cuisinart that retails for 71 and use my 20% off coupon and bring it down more. It says

Cuisinart 2 qt electric ice cream, yogurt and sorbet maker.

It's square and stainless steel for 71 or you can get the white color cheaper seems like it's 59, but, I'll spring for the stainless steel one.

Check it out on their website. 2 qt is a goodly amount

Yeah, that's the one for $49.99 on Amazon.  

Frequent Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Hey girl, I'm heading to B &B Mon and get that Cuisinart that retails for 71 and use my 20% off coupon and bring it down more. It says

Cuisinart 2 qt electric ice cream, yogurt and sorbet maker.

It's square and stainless steel for 71 or you can get the white color cheaper seems like it's 59, but, I'll spring for the stainless steel one.

Check it out on their website. 2 qt is a goodly amount

I bought the Cuisinart ice cream maker today and used a 20% off coupon. It came to $61 with tax. My BBB was selling it for $89.99 so they did a lookup online & adjusted the price to $71. I believe it was a great bargain compared to this TSV. 

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Think I'll buy that one at Bed &B. Another Cuisinart, who only has one color to their name. Wish those people would add a new paint line to the factory.

They have a new electronic machine that makes sorbet and one other thing done forgot it now besides ice cream. Digital like the pressure cookers and everything else nowdays. My local store doesn't carry it probably wouldn't use the sorbet option anyway. Just buy the one that says 'on and off' on it maybe with the square lid it will be better then that round mess.

I think QVC is really smart in offering their kitchen items in so many colors.   Most of the time, I will not buy something if I don't like the color.  (even if I keep it in the cabinet most of the time!)   HSN and BBB, etc. do not offer many colors like QVC does. 

Honored Contributor

Re: TSV for 6/7 ice cream maker cooks essentials

[ Edited ]

I was going to pass because we already have an ice cream maker plus a Vitamix. It was after 11 pm our time when DH came in the house & asked me if I ordered that ice cream maker & I told him no. I guess he wanted it so I ordered one. I don't mind the small batches because it will taste better eating it before if gets freezer burn plus being able to have different flavors. I have been paying $5 or so for 1 pint of Talenti Gelato.

Just checked my tracking & it shows it will be here tomorrow. I need to buy some stuff so we can try it out. DH wants some Buttered Pecan ice cream.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE, if you haven't bought an ice cream maker yet, Costco has them.  The one you were looking at, manual 2 qt, is around $59.99 but it's a member-only item.  They also have the 1 1/2 qt model, don't remember the price on that one, and the digital model that does gelato (without the countdown timer) for $69.99. It's actually $89.99 but you get a $20 instant rebate on it.  Includes shipping, but you do have to pay tax.  That made it $74.94 to my door which is $4 more than what you were shopping for the manual model at BBB before they upped the price.  I didn't realize you could shop from Costco without being a member, but I am a member so I could buy any of them and chose the digital model because I just didn't think I could beat the price.  Prices are good thru the end of June.

Honored Contributor

I ended up going to B&B and just paying the 89 

It will be cheaper in the winter probably . Used the 20%% off so got for 71

I should had bought it sooner, but, it's a good machine. We love it , so, it is what it is.

No costco in town, unfortunately.

Sam's club owns Amarillo. 

wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Honored Contributor

Just an FYI, you can shop Costco online and, as I learned today, not all items are members-only items.  

Honored Contributor

I found a real good choc ice cream recipe online.

no cooking on stove to melt choc, etc. just mix together few things, chill for 30 min throw in ice cream machine .

this is good stuff.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SharkE wrote:

I found a real good choc ice cream recipe online.

no cooking on stove to melt choc, etc. just mix together few things, chill for 30 min throw in ice cream machine .

this is good stuff.

@SharkE What's the recipe please? 

I did buy the ice cream maker & have been using it. We really like the Butter Pecan so I bought larger heavy cream & half & half so we can mix a larger batch & make 3-4 of them one after another. LOL!!!

My dad wanted to know how to make the banana ice cream so I found a site online (thatcleanlife) that makes different flavors. Looks yummy.

One-Ingredient Banana Ice Cream

Servings: 2 
Time: 5 minutes

Ingredients:
  • 2 Ripe Bananas, sliced and frozen
Directions:
Add bananas to the food processor and blend.
Occasionally scrape down the sides and continue to blend until smooth, approximately 3-5 minutes.
Scoop into a bowl and enjoy immediately as a soft serve! For firmer ice cream, place in an airtight freezer-safe container and freeze for at least 1 hour.

Wait, there's more.

Even though we love how simple and delicious the banana ice cream is, there are numerous ways to step up this treat. For a creamier texture, add coconut milk. To make the ice cream easier to scoop after freezing, you can add about 1 tbsp of vodka. Even better, add your favorite mix-ins such as:

• Nuts
  • Fresh or Dry Fruit
  • Honey
  • Spices (cinnamon, cardamom, etc.)
  • Any nut butter
Mint Dark Choco Chip Banana Ice Cream
  • 1/4 cup Fresh Mint, chopped
  • 1/4 cup Organic Dark Chocolate, chopped

Strawberry Banana Ice Cream
  • 1.5 Ripe Bananas, sliced and frozen
  • 1 cup Strawberries, divided*

*For some chunky strawberry ice cream, set aside 1/4 cup of the strawberries to roughly process at the end

Green Tea Banana Ice Cream
  • 1.5 tsp Green Tea Powder

Chocolate Banana Ice Cream
  • 1.5 Ripe Bananas, sliced and frozen
  • 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder*

*For some chunky chocolate ice cream, mix in 1/4 cup of organic dark chocolate chips or chopped nuts

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

No Cook Chocolate Ice Cream    @Nightowlz

1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk (I use Eagle Brand)

1   5oz. can evaporated milk

2 cups whole chocolate milk

2/3 c. choc syrup (I use Hershey's in the can)

whisk all together. Chill bowl 30 minutes

Pour all into 1 qt ice cream maker ( I got 2 qt Cuisinart)

takes mine no more then 25 min to mix and firm up then I pour into containers with lids and freeze.

If you want more firm ice cream stick the ice cream maker bowl in freezer for 15 min and get hard then ladle out into containers.

(After it churns for 25 min I just spoon out and freeze.)

Easy ! mix 4 ingredients, chill 30 min,  put in ice cream machine for 25 min and spoon out and freeze.