Honored Contributor

Re: TSV for 6/7 ice cream maker cooks essentials

@SharkE wrote:

No Cook Chocolate Ice Cream    @Nightowlz

1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk (I use Eagle Brand)

1   5oz. can evaporated milk

2 cups whole chocolate milk

2/3 c. choc syrup (I use Hershey's in the can)

whisk all together. Chill bowl 30 minutes

Pour all into 1 qt ice cream maker ( I got 2 qt Cuisinart)

takes mine no more then 25 min to mix and firm up then I pour into containers with lids and freeze.

If you want more firm ice cream stick the ice cream maker bowl in freezer for 15 min and get hard then ladle out into containers.

(After it churns for 25 min I just spoon out and freeze.)

Easy ! mix 4 ingredients, chill 30 min,  put in ice cream machine for 25 min and spoon out and freeze.

@SharkE Thanks for sharing. I don't have any evaporated milk or chocolate syrup. I will put those on my grocery list. I just went grocery shopping yesterday so I probably won't go back to the store for at least a month. LOL!!! I keep things stocked up in the summer as I don't like to get out in the heat. DH can pick up milk eggs fruit etc on his way home from work from Braum's.

Honored Contributor

That's good stuff I can tell ya'

Hits the spot when it's 102'

I go to Walmart and United (supermarket) every Thurs.

Hope U like !

Honored Contributor

I have a chocolate ice cream (no cooking) that I've used for years.  I think it came from Cuisinart many years ago.   I really like it.   It uses milk, heavy cream, semi-sweet choc chips, sugar,  vanilla extract - that's all I can remember - nothing exotic.  (I also add coconut, as we love that, and halve the vanilla extract with some coconut extract)

Very easy.  It gets chilled for a short period (half hour or so?) and then takes 20 minutes or so to make in my Cusinart.

Anyway, the problem is that this CE ice cream maker is so tiny that most recipes probably make way too much for this little machine.   I can post the recipe here if anybody wants it.  It's for a 2.5QUART machine, so that's probably about 3 times what you can fit into this CE machine.