Honored Contributor

TSV during Davids show last night--

[ Edited ]

I know this has been discussed here--but how utterly annoying to have that  robot floor thing presented for over 1/2 hour during this show!!!!  So not the time for it---I don't usually watch this show as it is getting pretty silly most times with the same things over and over, but I do check in as I surf by and was amazed at how long it went on and on and on............and I assume..... that when there are bras/panties or beds /alarm system TSV's that they are presented too?? Nothing says kitchen like a pair of moisture wicking panties, right???? OK had to vent..........

Contributor

Re: TSV during Davids show last night--

I agree especially since there was (as usual) an hour long single item TSV show before AND after ITKWD. If TSV must be presented during this show, perhaps a shorter time allotment to go over the high points.    

Occasional Contributor

I totally agree.

The tsv prrsentations are extremely annoying.

Have been for a long time.

One hour is enough or even thirty minutes is enough. But when they do an hour presentation and then another thirty mintues during the next shows it becomes rediculous and that is when qvc looses me.

I wonder how many others do they lose because of this.

Sorry. I had to vent also.

Esteemed Contributor

I feel the same way.  I think (?) QVC does that because some people tune in for ITKWD that don't watch the normal daytime programming.  Wonder if any sell during his presentation.  He did do a great job!

Honored Contributor

You would think with all the complaining that is done about this, inserting TSV's that aren't really kitchen related into the show, that QVC would stop. I know so many people leave at that point and don't come back. 

But the true measure of what Q will do is the sales in that time. David captures a huge audience, and if the sales for an unrelated TSV is high during his show, they will continue to do it.

We all know he could sell ice to Eskimos, and so does QVC, so they use that. 

Respected Contributor

I totallly agree with QVC's spending too much time on TSV's.  I usually tune out.  (However, I must mention that I LOVE my Roomba!!!!!)

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Esteemed Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

I know this has been discussed here--but how utterly annoying to have that  robot floor thing presented for over 1/2 hour during this show!!!!  So not the time for it---I don't usually watch this show as it is getting pretty silly most times with the same things over and over, but I do check in as I surf by and was amazed at how long it went on and on and on............and I assume..... that when there are bras/panties or beds /alarm system TSV's that they are presented too??  OK had to vent..........

I feel bad for you and those who tune in to see the cooking shows.........i don't usually watch them but have flipped channels and seen in the middle of those designated hours the TSV being shown.............it is a fairly new thing for David's shows...but that is exactly what ended up happening with the clothing shows PM Style, AM Style, etc......at least 1/3 of the shows aren't fashion...they present tons of beauty items(gadgets, makeup, etc)  and occasional jewelry items , etc....the only times it is usually just clothing is designated designer hours but NOW they are starting to throw into those hours the fashion/statement jewelry that the designers have started ALL doing.........started to view Joan Rivers show the other day and just turned off...they started showing jewelry pieces......QVC you should have seperate hours for the designers jewelry

please...................!!

I can't help but think people turn the channel and very often don't come back to view the rest of these shows....

hard to believe they are making sales this way...but they keep doing it so somehow it must work....wish they would go back to schedules of years back where the "named" hour WAS just those items...clothing, shoes, cooking, etc.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree that it is very obnoxious to sit through a 40-minute TSV presentation during ITKWD when it is barely kitchen related (and especially, as others have noted, when a full hour was devoted to the TSV immediately before the show). The One Day Only Value items that were kitchen related only got about half that amount of time on air.

My two cents: Go ahead and promote whatever you want for a standard seven-minute presentation, but then give us back our kitchen show! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I agree....7 minutes is tolerable!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

They've ruined AM Style on Saturdays also with too many beauty products and not enough clothing.  I believe this Saturday is all day beauty.....I'll bet there won't be any clothing items on all day, however.  Weird!!!!  Stick to what the shows were supposed to be about!