Contributor

Hi ladies, I was just wondering if there is much of a difference between the NuWave oven and the CE's Air Fryer?  Reading about what it does seems to parrallel that of the NuWave, such as reheating chicken, pizza, etc., cooking meats and veggies, roasting, baking and allowing grease to drip away from the rack/basket.  I am very interested in this item, but have a NuWave oven and don't want to spend a lot of money on a very similar item.  Thanks so much for any opinions you can give me before I take the plunge.

Lynn Smiley Happy

Contributor

Anyone?  Please ? Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Many of us just got the air fryer and really haven't had much chance to use it yet.  It uses a minute amount of oil to simulate frying as in French fries and other traditional fried food.  I have had a Nuwave, which almost burned down my house when it came on in the middle of the night and was extremely hot when I found it.  It went right to the trash.

The Nuwave bakes and boils but does not fry, nor does the food taste fried.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor
I was wondering this exact question yesterday?
Respected Contributor

This topic was discussed  about a week ago- I will see if I can find it...

Contributor

Thanks mothertrucker Smiley Happy  I'm really interested in the differences.

Honored Contributor

I got Nuwave really like it ! cooks from frozen

Respected Contributor

@irsheyes45 wrote:

Thanks mothertrucker Smiley Happy  I'm really interested in the differences.

it was discussed a little bit in the thread about "one grilled cheese sndwich fits inthe ari fryer" I have the ******-or halogen/infrared oven, which is very much like the nuwave, but you can set the temp, and to my eye, it seems to do exactly what the air fryer does..JMHO...

Contributor

Re: TSV air fryer

[ Edited ]

Thank you!  That was pretty much my conclusion as well, but thought maybe I was missing something.  You just saved me a bunch of money, thanks again Smiley Happy

New Contributor

Hi....do you know if you can cook the chicken items from stuffing gourmet in this air fryer?

thanks