Honored Contributor

Any info on if and when Vitamix will be the TSV?

Contributor

I'm sorry I don't know the answer to your question- I just logged in to ask it myself!

I know they had one in Aug 2015 and again before Christmas (Oct. or Nov.)  I have been steadily saving, researching and saving some more and I think QVC has some of the best prices I've found (esp. if the include free shipping).  I'm ready to pull the trigger, just waiting for a TSV.

Hope we get one soon!

New Contributor

Have you looked at the refurbished models direct from Vitamix? They come with the same 5 year warranty as the ones that QVC sells. I bought one 3 years ago, and it has been great. Couldn't even tell that it wasn't brand new when I took it out of the box.

Contributor

I do't know about the OP, but I have heard wonderful things about and considered the re-furbished options from vitamix.  However, the last time I checked, they were $329-$349, and the QVC TSV for the 5200 model was $349 with a 7 year warranty and some extras.

So I'm not opposed to refurbished, but if I can get new for just about the same price with the extra 2 years of warranty, it's worth it to me.

I've been saving and biding my time for about 7 months, and so I'm not in a huge hurry.  Looking forward to making the purchase when I feel I can get the best deal for me. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Aldi's is selling a Vitamix look alike for their special items. Clearly, it is not the fancy $$$ machine, but I have found Aldi items to be well made for the money.

It is $79.99.

Regular Contributor

The February Insider shows a Vitamix TSV on 2/14, but there were no further details about what it might be.

Contributor

Thanks for the heads up on the TSV! Smiley Very Happy

Yes, I did a double take when I saw the recent Alsi's ad with the vitamix dupe.  My Aldi's didn't have any in stock when I went to check it out, but it definitely piqued my interest. I do love a bargain, but vitamix has such a great warranty and so many wonderful reviews, that I'm hesitant to go for the "bargain" that may not last and need replacing in  a year or two.  

Has anyone tried the Aldi's "vitamix" blender?

New Contributor

girl2010 -- The lowest price TSV QVC has ever run on a Vitamix was November, and it was $379.98. That was for the "Creations 13-in-1," which is equivalent to the 5200, except that it comes with a 5 year warranty.

So, refurbished is cheaper, and the warranty length is the same as the models QVC sells.

Contributor

Bingo- you may be right about the price (I remember the Aug CIA version/November Creations TSV's had the same price) I thought it was $349, but it very well might have been $379.   However, I'm pretty sure they were saying on air that the warranty from QVC was now the 7 year standard vitamix warranty.  

I will definitely keep my eyes open for the Feb TSV and see how much it costs, warrantly length and included extras (for example I don't need smoothie cups, and including them for a higher price doesn't lure me).  I'll also keep checking vitamix's site to see if the refurbished ones go back down to $299.  

I'd prefer new, but I want the best deal possible before I invest and that may be on a refurbished model.

Thanks for your info.

Honored Contributor

@girl2010 wrote:

I do't know about the OP, but I have heard wonderful things about and considered the re-furbished options from vitamix.  However, the last time I checked, they were $329-$349, and the QVC TSV for the 5200 model was $349 with a 7 year warranty and some extras.

So I'm not opposed to refurbished, but if I can get new for just about the same price with the extra 2 years of warranty, it's worth it to me.

I've been saving and biding my time for about 7 months, and so I'm not in a huge hurry.  Looking forward to making the purchase when I feel I can get the best deal for me. Smiley Happy

See that's what I'm thinking too! For a few dollars more , getting a new model with the bells and whistles sounds better to me too. I have my moms all stainless steel Vitamix from the 1980's that still works but not as good as the new ones do. Think a new VM will be my b-day gift from me to me this June.