Valued Contributor

TSV NuWave Oven VS Pressure Cooker, Help Please

I got the Cook's Essential pressure cooker that was a TSV, really haven't used it yet. Now I'm eyeballing the NuWave oven, thinking I should have gotten that instead. Any thoughts? I want to make a decision soon. Is there enough of a difference, is it worth having both? I live alone, so I wouldn't roast a whole turkey. Thanks.

Respected Contributor

Re: TSV NuWave Oven VS Pressure Cooker, Help Please

I would do both if you don't use your oven or a countertop oven much. I love my pressure cooker and use it all the time. The counter top oven I have is also a rotisserie and a convection oven. I use those more than my stove/oven. I also have a Ninja 3 n 1. I did chili in it last night and have leftovers for meals at work. I love it for soups, stews, and quick pasta dishes.

Esteemed Contributor

My sister owns and loves the NuWave Oven, she cooks for 2 and saves a lot of time, she loves it.

Valued Contributor

I own both and would be lost without either. I have three "cooking" appliances--the NuWave oven, pressure cooker and the Ninja 4-in-1 and I use one or more almost every day.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think you can compare the two. They have completely differently functions. I have both and use them both.
A pressure cooker is great for tenderizing meats and cooking in liquid. I think that is the biggest difference. It is pressure from steam build up.
The Nu Wave cooks dry like an oven, just faster because of the infrared heat and circulation fan. It does cook from frozen and does a good job. You have to learn the timing, it is different. I judge a lot by looks or use a thermometer.