Honored Contributor

Does anyone here have one already?  Apparently it's been sold before but is a special today, elsewhere.

It seems to be functionally like the Wolfgang Puck little rice cooker, except larger and also is a steamer.  I got the WP and used it twice.  Both times it boiled over in a mess and the rice wasn't cooked, so I sent it back.

I'd like to try this one, it seems more functional.

Thoughts, anyone?

ps Please excuse me, I would like to stay to read everyone's opinions but I have a doctor's appointment.  I will be back as soon as I can.

Respected Contributor

Sorry you had bad luck with WP, I have two use them a lot, and never..well maybe once..had anything boil over..I love mine and use it for so much more than rice...never heard of the skinny mini, but now I will look it up..

Not pointing fingers, but  it COULD, just possibly, be user error...give it another try...

Honored Contributor

Oh!  I thought we were gonna be talking mini skirts.  Smiley Happy  ha!

I didn't even realize which forum I was in.  D'oh!

Anyway, I don't have anything like that.   I'm really big on cooking rice in a pot with a lid, though.   Old timer, I guess.    But, hey, it works right every time.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 I ordered it just now as I love my WP rice cooker but I ruined (my fault) the interior of the cooking vessel plus I love the steamer insert.  Lots of good reviews so hopefully I can add mine to them . . . Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Anyway, I don't have anything like that.   I'm really big on cooking rice in a pot with a lid, though.   Old timer, I guess.    But, hey, it works right every time.

As an Armenian, making rice pilaf in anything but a lidded pot would be cause for severe reprimand from my ancestors!! lol

@chickenbutt wrote:

Honored Contributor

I was watching Melissa McCarthey and when the little pot came on ,I ordered a red one. If I'd of just changed the channel a little sooner I would not have seen it. Oh well, I love gadgets,and this one has good reviews.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@Noel7 It looks so cool! I hope there are some left when I get home, cause I Definitely want to see a demo of it and can't play the video here....

I Can see why you are interested in it!

@momtochloe you say you got it? It's ceramic? Great price and free shipping! Did you see the rectangular  flip pan last night for $29?

Honored Contributor

@Mothertrucker wrote:

@Noel7 It looks so cool! I hope there are some left when I get home, cause I Definitely want to see a demo of it and can't play the video here....

@momtochloe you say you got it? It's ceramic? Great price and free shipping! Did you see the rectangular  flip pan last night for $29?

@Mothertrucker I believe the insert is aluminum with a ceramic coating (I didn't catch it during the presentation but that's what it appears to be according to the specifications).

What I like about it is that it is a bit bigger than WP's and she was making grilled cheese sandwiches and breakfast sandwiches in it.  I just have to remember not to mash my potatoes in it . . . idiot.

Thanks for the heads up on the flip pan.  I had completely forgotten there were cooking shows yesterday, I'm bummed I missed them.  That's a good price for that pan!

Respected Contributor
I have the Wolfgang Puck one. Just a heads up on these mini rice cookers......they are really handy. But you have to reset the cook button when cooking anything but rice. You have to wait a few minutes to go from warm back to the cook cycle. They do not shut off automatically either. They stay on warm and your food will burn. They do not explain this in great detail when presenting it. You have to guess how many times you need to push the cook button to completely cook a recipe. If you have other questions just post and I will try and answer them for you..... Smiley Happy
Respected Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@Mothertrucker wrote:

@Mothertrucker I believe the insert is aluminum with a ceramic coating (I didn't catch it during the presentation but that's what it appears to be according to the specifications).

What I like about it is that it is a bit bigger than WP's and she was making grilled cheese sandwiches and breakfast sandwiches in it.  I just have to remember not to mash my potatoes in it . . . idiot.

Thanks for the heads up on the flip pan.  I had completely forgotten there were cooking shows yesterday, I'm bummed I missed them.  That's a good price for that pan!

The cooking bowl is made of: Technolon+ ceramic nonstick interior coating For reliable food release and easy cleaning Durable and stain-resistant