Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: TEMP-TATIONS CRACKS

I must tell you this.. I mentioned to my husband recently that I saw a thread on here about Temp-Tations cracking/splitting in two in the oven, etc., and that I was worried about cooking in them anymore. He looked surprised and said just that night he had a DREAM that he'd pulled a Temp-Tations baker out of the oven, and it had cracked in half!

We both took this timing of his dream and my seeing the thread as a sign that we need to stop using this brand. I'm not going to pass it along to Goodwill, either. It's going in the trash. I'll keep the bowls for cold salads but won't bake in anything. Back to Pyrex! Smiley Happy

BTW I do have a crazing line down the middle of two dishes.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

On 11/1/2014 acim said:

I must tell you this.. I mentioned to my husband recently that I saw a thread on here about Temp-Tations cracking/splitting in two in the oven, etc., and that I was worried about cooking in them anymore. He looked surprised and said just that night he had a DREAM that he'd pulled a Temp-Tations baker out of the oven, and it had cracked in half!

We both took this timing of his dream and my seeing the thread as a sign that we need to stop using this brand. I'm not going to pass it along to Goodwill, either. It's going in the trash. I'll keep the bowls for cold salads but won't bake in anything. Back to Pyrex! Smiley Happy

BTW I do have a crazing line down the middle of two dishes.

Sounds like a premonition. Good idea to get rid of the baking pieces but why Goodwill? They have a hard enough time as it is.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

On 11/1/2014 okaywitheasypay said:
On 10/31/2014 lovesrecess said:

I don't understand why QVC continues to carry this brand. Oh yeah, because people keep buying them! at the very least there should be a free replacement including shipping.....but I would never buy this line now.

After my experience , ITA. The idea is of pretty designs , the racks, they bake well (when whole). But spontaneous splitting in two! Put it in the cabinet whole, carefully , no grazing, --then ready to take it out and it was in 2 pieces! I feel especially sorry for posters that have them break in the oven.

There is only one boss . The customer , and he can fire everybody in the company from chairman on down, simply by spending his money elsewhere.--Sam Walton

I'm so sorry you've had problems, but on a personal level I'm so glad to see that someone else is willing to say that they've had a baker crack while just sitting in the cabinet!

I posted my experience with that when a limited edition set I had never used sat in the cabinet for a year and a half, and when I finally decided to use it, the big piece was crazed all over the bottom. I have been chastised here, had people say I wasn't telling the truth, denigrated because they said I kept "changing my story", which I didn't, and told that those of us who have problems apparently don't know how to take proper care of this product. So I finally stopped posting on any of these threads because I got really tired of it. So thank you for posting your experience!

It may sound crazy, but I'm still tempted sometimes to buy a piece because I really like the colors and designs, and the cute accessory pieces. But if I ever do break down and buy another piece, it will only be bowls or something to just use as serve ware. And hopefully I won't be that dumb! {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

On 11/1/2014 kittymomNC said:

It may sound crazy, but I'm still tempted sometimes to buy a piece because I really like the colors and designs, and the cute accessory pieces. But if I ever do break down and buy another piece, it will only be bowls or something to just use as serve ware. And hopefully I won't be that dumb! {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Please don't fall for colors and designs. Tara didn't call the line TempTations for nothing, you know.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

On 11/1/2014 ValuSkr said:
On 11/1/2014 kittymomNC said:

Please don't fall for colors and designs. Tara didn't call the line TempTations for nothing, you know.

{#emotions_dlg.lol}{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Highlighted
New Contributor

I am a long-time customer who found QVC about 20 years ago, & became a loyal customer, actually believing in the company's philosophy of Quality, Value, & Convenience. I felt it was a business with integrity, until just recently. In February, 2011, I purchased Temp-tations Old world oven-to-table 16 piece set in blue as a birthday gift to myself. I loved the design, color, convenience & expected durability of this set & believed it was safe to use until last month, when I discovered major corner & midline cracks in the 2.5 quart baker. Of course I understood that the warranty had expired. However, since the set was so highly advertised on QVC as oven & freezer safe, & I had not dropped the piece, I couldn't understand what had happened. I contacted QVC customer service, was advised how to reach the Temp-tations company. When asked, the manufacturer's customer service person had no advice about preventing cracks, but offered to replace the piece. Shipping would cost me $9.99. I agreed, hopeful that this was an isolated incident. However, on January 20, 2015 I noticed another crack in the 1.5 quart loaf pan. I contacted customer service at QVC again, describing the problem. I explained that if this continued the cost of shipping replacements would be prohibitive. No other solution was offered other than contacting the manufacturer, as before. This is the identifying ticket for that exchange: Re: Re: QVC Products (Ticket# 11082014A45380001:AR0002) (Ticket# 01202015R05330014:AR0003) First, I decided to see if I could learn if other purchasers have had the same experience with cracks in Temp-tations products. It was easy to find that information on the internet. There are some QVC product reviews which describe cracking; on the Community Forum qvc.com there are many more, & one can see dissatisfied reviews when searching for Temp-tation bakeware on Amazon.com QVC has continued to market an expanding line of Temp-tation products, in spite of lack of quality, & the risks of injury. I am so disappointed in this company I once respected. In my opinion the company has shown the same shameful lack of integrity that allowed an auto manufacturer to withhold information about dangerous air bags. So, BUYER BEWARE!
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

To the OP sjmplus1, I am so sorry you also experienced your Temptations item being defective, now you also can join that club of which has many members. Outlined below is information which is relevant for you to read sjmplus1 regarding the continued Temptations defective dangerous products, and what other Temptations owners, and their families, and guests also experienced.

1) Why would anyone want to buy more or pay for replaced Temptations products when more of this evident cheap Temptations defective product Chinese import can still cause many dangers to unsuspecting consumers, their families, and their dinner guests..... They were already proven to be defective so why pay for S&H to have them replaced only to be uncertain if the defectiveness and danger which has occurred to many in the past, may also occur to you?

2) Truth be told Temptations is mostly less expensive and more affordable, because it is defective cheap throw away dangerous bake ware and serve ware. All that equals to less dependability and more dangerous defects which are unexpected for the Temptations consumer, their family members, and their dinner guests, who handled/and or used these defective Temptations items.

Yes it may very well be more reasonable in price and affordability for many consumers but that does not make it attractive if it proves to be highly unpredictable, dangerous, and defective." I would rather pay more and be safer in my choices. than pay less and suffer the unpredictable consequences of which have been noted to be quite dangerous on this site, and on other internet sites".

3) The crazing while on display without being mishandled whatsoever does still continue and people post their new experiences.

4) The dangerous incidents and defects with cracking while being passed around y the Temptations consumer, dinner guests, and family members with TT items filled with cold foods does still continue.

5) The defects and unexpected horror of having the Temptations hot bake ware filled with hot food straight from the oven will still split in half causing a very dangerous situation resulting in a horrific extremely dangerous experience from the QVC Temptations consumer, and anyone else watching what actually transpired does still continue.

If I would have still continued to still use my vast Temptations Collections after my hot TT oven ware casserole broke in half in my hands straight from the hot oven, I would have still been taking unnecessary risks of exploding defective hot from the oven Temptations defective product breakage which resulted in exploding on impact, when I released my grip and jumped back to try and avoid being burned or injured when my defective Temptations hot bake ware large casserole pan it broke in half, and then watching all that hot food splatter everywhere in my kitchen including against my wall paper, and 1/2 paneled kitchen wall areas, as well as on to my kitchen apron, kitchen floor, and also fly upwards and land on my kitchen counter tops. Even my heavy custom large kitchen appliances had tiny sharp shards of defective Temptations broken ceramics underneath them.

What was needed after the defective Temptations large casserole pan oven product food explosion:

A) My entire kitchen had to be to cleaned of hot cooked food and washed, including wallpaper walls, and tiled floor, as well as counter tops, and kitchen appliances after picking up very carefully all the hot cooked foods, sharp broken large defective Temptations pieces, and smaller very tiny sharp ceramic shards of Temptations defective product pieces which scattered everywhere.

B) My dogs felt such confusion and bewilderment and let their dissatisfaction be heard, because I had to close off the entrance into my kitchen area for fear the dogs would come in and cut their paws and feet on the broken Temptations defective product dangerous ceramic sharp shards, which were everywhere in the kitchen.

C) I had to have have all the heavy custom large appliances removed, and had the areas thoroughly cleaned, disinfected, mopped, and vacuumed again, and then had to have everything which had to be removed put back in their place.

I am not angry at the Manufacturer just disillusioned and consumer frustrated that I and my various dinner guests were not the only ones to have had dangerous defective Temptations Consumer Usage & Guest experiences personally unfold in front of our eyes, and to date none of these valid defect concerns are being acknowledged, addressed, or resolved by anyone who has the authority to do so.

Temptations Defective Product Line not only applies on this QVC forum, but is also posted on the internet by other Temptations users:

Other Temptations consumers also experienced and continue to also post new experiences which of many are defective, negative, and dangerous. They also post many negative dangerous experiences on the internet too at other forums, in addition to this new Temptations defective product experience user.

"It is one thing to have a truthful respectfully difference of opinion whether pro or con, but when that opinion by one member time and again becomes personally insulting, rude, accusatory, challenging, disrespectful, and highly disruptive, as well as having those posts deleted because one member felt they did not conform to the wonderful reviews that she always posts which is what happened to many of us who posted our dangerous negative consumer reviews.....well that is called blatant discrimination, and removal of posts where pro or con are not allowed, when not approved for removal by QVC.

"Numerous truthful Temptations negative dangerous usage Consumer posts and threads suddenly disappear":

After seeing so many of our truthful threads and posts deleted right after one specific member replied to us in very insulting ways many of us contacted QVC who investigated, and then replaced all those posts. They stated they did not discriminate against any member posting pro or con opinions on their forums and therefore ensured all posts pro and the negative ones were reinstated, and if any were removed they should again be notified. (BTW Thank you OVC!).

All my posts and threads reflect the truth, and QVC is aware of this, which is why I continue to post on the QVC bb’s for many years and to-date, but if I should ever decide to no longer participate on the QVC forums that will be my personal choice. Yes perhaps a post may be removed by QVC if they feel it merits removal, and I do not have any problems with that in general, but if targeted again relative to Temptations posts, I and others who have also been targeted in the past will again make our voices heard again by QVC, and QVC in the past have also highly encouraged encouraged that action.

Unfortunately many Temptations products still remain defective and can become highly dangerous to use and display: Truth about Temptations being dangerous and defective to people and their pets is highly evident and will continue to display as long as the dangerous Temptations defects continue to occur.

"Temptations products are highly unpredictable and unsafe when used according to all manufacturer's instructions, and that is also evident, and since they are so affordable and cheaply made overseas in China it seems they are definitely dangerous and will break apart, explode, craze, and chip.

QVC Temptations defective product old posts and new posts as this one above, continue to exhibit the truth that these dangerous defective Temptation products continue to exhibit dangerous defects, and will continue to so until this Temptations line is revised to include the best product manufacturing in accordance to U.S. Standards and not Chinese standards, especially since we all know many are non existent.

Anyone who keeps constantly stating that Temptations is still safe has yet to experience these dangerous defects and can only state they have not to date had any negative experiences with their Temptations items, but they also should not and cannot disprove that many other QVC consumer Members did, and still do to-date, especially since new defect experiences are posted regularly. (Not only here on these various QVC forums, but are also posted on other internet sites as well).

Now I trust made in the USA Corning ware, Pyrex ware, and Fiesta ware, all made in the USA and still available for purchase on the internet. They have all lasted through the tests of long consumer safe usage of over 40+ years, as many of my items above were also used by my Beloved Mother, and I inherited them when she passed away, while also having my own Corning ware, Pyrex ware and Fiesta ware Collections.

I hope those who still use Temptations remain safe because I did not believe it would happen to me either, nor did my numerous guests who also observed and personally experienced it, but it did..... so therefore BUYER BEWARE, BE INFORMED, BE CAREFUL, AND STAY SAFE!!!!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

On 10/12/2014 sjmplus1 said:

I'm pretty disappointed with this brand. The truth is they are not cheap and I keep finding them cracking. Not from dropping them or cooking on high temperatures, but taking them out of the dishwasher. I had a configuration with 3 baking dishes. I already had to throw one out as it totally cracked in 2 and now a second one is showing a similar crack on the bottom, which makes me leery of trying to use it again because I don't know when it will break into 2 again. QVC refuses to make it right or send a replacement (I wouldn't even be picky on the colors or patterns). It was Old World Brown square pieces. I can go buy another brand at retail for a fraction of the price, esp since I don't use all the holders.

IMO, Temptations is extremely reasonable in price compared to other brands.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Since I have discovered the beautiful ceramic ware at Kirklands, I will not be purchasing any more Temptations. The colors and designs are far and above the designs of Temptations and the cost is so much more reasonable. They have everything except the wire holders, which I find unnecessary but some people like them. Pie plates, muffin pans, everything.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

On 1/24/2015 Sunshine Kate said:
On 10/12/2014 sjmplus1 said:

I'm pretty disappointed with this brand. The truth is they are not cheap and I keep finding them cracking. Not from dropping them or cooking on high temperatures, but taking them out of the dishwasher. I had a configuration with 3 baking dishes. I already had to throw one out as it totally cracked in 2 and now a second one is showing a similar crack on the bottom, which makes me leery of trying to use it again because I don't know when it will break into 2 again. QVC refuses to make it right or send a replacement (I wouldn't even be picky on the colors or patterns). It was Old World Brown square pieces. I can go buy another brand at retail for a fraction of the price, esp since I don't use all the holders.

IMO, Temptations is extremely reasonable in price compared to other brands.

i agree completely......and for ME they have worked well with no problems using them hot or cold! i have been a buyer of them from beginning to the present.

"We shall pass this way on Earth but once, if there is any kindness we can show, or good act we can do, let us do it now, for we will never pass this way again." - Stephen Grellet