Honored Contributor

Re: TEMP-TATIONS CRACKS

On 10/31/2014 okaywitheasypay said:
On 10/14/2014 kevid said:

I have had my temptations crack and come apart also. I stopped buying them.

Just had that experience myself. It was within the year and I could have another sent to me for $9.95 shipping no thank you . I will put that amount into something else. RR? / good metal baking sheets. I was told at least they didn't expect me to ship the cracked one back.

Ditto... No more for me!

Honored Contributor

I'd ask them to replace under warranty, but steer clear of future purchases. Don't be tempted any more by this line.

Trusted Contributor

On 10/31/2014 ValuSkr said:

I'd ask them to replace under warranty, but steer clear of future purchases. Don't be tempted any more by this line.

I may not have been clear (being angry I may not have included all of the facts). It was still under warranty by about 2 weeks. But I would have had to pay $9.95 shipping charges to have a 8"x 8" baking sheet sent to me. I was also told that at least they wouldn't ask me to ship back the broken one when I had stated you have to be kidding!

I did not read all of the fine print on the guarantee , are they supposed to pay shipping ?

Honored Contributor

On 10/31/2014 okaywitheasypay said:
On 10/31/2014 ValuSkr said:

I may not have been clear (being angry I may not have included all of the facts). It was still under warranty by about 2 weeks. But I would have had to pay $9.95 shipping charges to have a 8"x 8" baking sheet sent to me. I was also told that at least they wouldn't ask me to ship back the broken one when I had stated you have to be kidding!

I did not read all of the fine print on the guarantee , are they supposed to pay shipping ?

It's not right you have to pay S&H on the replacement, but, on the other hand, they aren't making you return the one that cracked. I view this a downside to online shopping. If you'd bought it at a B&M store, you might have been able to return the defective item to the store yourself and drive home with its replacement - no shipping costs at all.

Valued Contributor

Out of curiosity, I went on the TT's Facebook page. It seems that many loyal TT's owners are up in arms re the lack of quality of this product, upset that the vender & QVC are going about their merry way & refusing to address the lack of quality control----just sayin.
Honored Contributor

On 10/31/2014 Sylanne said: Out of curiosity, I went on the TT's Facebook page. It seems that many loyal TT's owners are up in arms re the lack of quality of this product, upset that the vender & QVC are going about their merry way & refusing to address the lack of quality control----just sayin.

I like the one that said "even though my Temptations are breaking, here's tonight's apple pie," and then a photo of a pie in a Temptations. LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I don't understand why QVC continues to carry this brand. Oh yeah, because people keep buying them! at the very least there should be a free replacement including shipping.....but I would never buy this line now.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

This is a serious flaw. It leaves me with no temptation to purchase anything from this brand.

Respected Contributor

On 10/31/2014 insomniac said:

This is a serious flaw. It leaves me with no temptation to purchase anything from this brand.

Sad to say, though I love my baker and the Pack n Go, the cracks I had in my Pack n Go make me unwilling to buy more. I don't like the replacement policy of paying 10 bucks. If you make defective products, fix your process. Since I'm not assured there has been a fix, I'm no longer buying it. Shame, it's a pretty line of products. I don't think they've adequately addressed the issue; I had a small crack barely visible under the glaze (and a vine was painted over it.) I thought it was a craze, not a crack and yeah, it developed into a crack, rendering it useless. Cracked pottery holds bacteria and can shatter. Of course it was past the warranty period and even if it wasn't and I could have returned it to Q during the 30 days, it's a PITA to pack up large items and get them to the UPS store.

My real issue is simply the lack of responsibility.

Trusted Contributor

On 10/31/2014 lovesrecess said:

I don't understand why QVC continues to carry this brand. Oh yeah, because people keep buying them! at the very least there should be a free replacement including shipping.....but I would never buy this line now.

After my experience , ITA. The idea is of pretty designs , the racks, they bake well (when whole). But spontaneous splitting in two! Put it in the cabinet whole, carefully , no grazing, --then ready to take it out and it was in 2 pieces! I feel especially sorry for posters that have them break in the oven.

There is only one boss . The customer , and he can fire everybody in the company from chairman on down, simply by spending his money elsewhere.--Sam Walton