Super Contributor

T-Fal Opti Grill TSV presale. Does anyone have this?

I just ordered this specifically because I want to do frozen fish. Does anyone have this grill? I would really appreciate any reviews. Thanks

Super Contributor

Re: T-Fal Opti Grill TSV presale. Does anyone have this?

I have the Opti-Grill and am very satisfied with it.  Have had it for several years.  Am on my second grill - the first one started malfunctioning and would only cook on manual.  We liked it so much I purchased another.  It does a great joy of cooking the meat to perfection.  Hope that helps.

Trusted Contributor

LOL- thanks for the reminder! I have to get mine out. Yes, it works great! I originally got it since my mother had been having problems with burning food, but she felt this was too much for her, so I kept it and am very glad. I used it often - mostly for steaks and burgers. I thought it was broken when it only went to manual setting, but I read that if the plates weren't seated exactly right, that would happen. So, now I just make sure both plates are in there right and I have not had that happen since. I also appreciated that you can put food on there straight from the freezer, since there is that button, too. I am sure you will enjoy it.

I had a guest for dinner and he likes his steaks cooked more well-done than I do, so it was nice to know when to take mine off and then when his was ready.

Honored Contributor

@cozyseeker .  I see this is the Big Deal today....I checked the channel to see when it will be presented again and I only see other types of shows this evening....I wonder when it will be presented.

I am concerned about the size of the grilling area, does anyone know?

We are in the market for something like this but there have been 4 questions asked and none answered....do they really what to sell this item?

I hate being under the gun to make a purchase.

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

I have the Opti-Grill and am very satisfied with it.  Have had it for several years.  Am on my second grill - the first one started malfunctioning and would only cook on manual.  We liked it so much I purchased another.  It does a great joy of cooking the meat to perfection.  Hope that helps.

Interesting.  I love using this grill but mine also malfunctioned after a year or so.  I'm still using mine on manual but I miss the other feature.  

Super Contributor

I just looked and it will be on In The Kitchen with Mary Saturday 1/27/18. Can't wait to see the presentation.

Honored Contributor

I've had one for a few years and I used it a lot and it is very convenient.  However, now that I have my air fryer I don't use it nearly as much.  Re: size--I only cook for one, but I think it could hold 3 hamburgers or 3 small to medium size steaks. Meat has to be boneless.  Clean up is easy; I put my grids in the dishwasher. 

Honored Contributor

These sure have come way down in price.  I think they originally sold for close to $200.  I got mine for a lot less at Kohl's with their sale, coupon discount and Kohl's dollars.  Maybe this is a new, smaller model.  The QVC price seems really good.

Honored Contributor

We want to be able to grill 3 steaks.....hope it is big enough for that.....we watch one presentation but could not get a feel for the size.

Trusted Contributor

@Snoopp - try resetting the plates before you use it. Really - that is what I found online when mine just switched to Manual. If that happens, I just reset them and then it usually works as it should.