Regular Contributor

I purchased an assortment of the Sweet Sam’s cake that are now on Waitlist.  I love these cakes, so moist.  I happened to be at my local Safeway grocery store today and what did  I spot SWEET SAMS 14 oz cakes for $6.00 each. WOW what a price difference. QVC is selling 4 14 oz cakes for $47.90. Safeway had the carrot cake which is in the assortment, but some other flavors that are not in,the assortment.  Still a big price difference for basically the same cakes. 

Respected Contributor

@tervuren wrote:

I purchased an assortment of the Sweet Sam’s cake that are now on Waitlist.  I love these cakes, so moist.  I happened to be at my local Safeway grocery store today and what did  I spot SWEET SAMS 14 oz cakes for $6.00 each. WOW what a price difference. QVC is selling 4 14 oz cakes for $47.90. Safeway had the carrot cake which is in the assortment, but some other flavors that are not in,the assortment.  Still a big price difference for basically the same cakes. 

Now that's a bargin.🍰

Esteemed Contributor

I bought Grandma's coffee cake at Wegmen's for $10 before I saw it on the Q for $49 range.  I didn't like them = too sweet.   When they add the s/h cost in the cakes plus their profit -  it's got to cost more than local.

Honored Contributor

I love Sweet Sam's pound cakes and I can't get them anywhere locally, so QVC is where I buy them.  I take into account that they have to be shipped and I'm okay with that.

The only other way for me to have any is to buy a single slice at Starbucks for around $4 a slice.  No thanks.  I'd rather have the convenience of having them in my freezer for when I want some.

You're lucky to find them locally; you got a bargain.  (And I can't imagine how they produce them for that price, given the ingredients.)