Trusted Contributor

Re: Survey do you clean your stovetop every night

I do clean up the entire stovetop every night.  I feel like doing that keeps it clean and nothing ever had the chance to build up/stick on there.  One of my friends makes fun of me for doing this, but I don't care.  It looks good and makes me feel good too! LOL

Esteemed Contributor

If I cook I clean after each use. If DH cooks it usually takes me a few days to see if he'll clean it first, then I clean up after him.

No cooking = no cleaning.

Esteemed Contributor

I wipe it down as I use. On Saturday I clean it well because we go out to eat. I really have such frustration with my stove top. It smears so bad. I never had a stove like this. No matter what rag, cloth or cleaner I use it just smears and smears. Ugh! 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Grouchomarx I have a black glass electric stove top--first I've ever had--and I wipe it down after every cooking session to keep it as clean as I can, to avoid any greasy build up from spatters.  Just a normal/automatic part of my routine with tis type of stove.  I also wipe down the narrow strip of adjacent black granite counter top each time I wipe up the stove surface.

Hood and rest of the counters at least are done monthly since I seldom fry food.  Hood filter is taken out, cleaned, and reinstalled about every two months.

Honored Contributor

Yes.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes.  I keep a bottle of Mrs. Meyers countertop spray nearby and wipe it down as needed.  I still have a coil stove and I even use foil burner plate covers (I get them at Miles Kimball).  They really brighten up the stove.  Throw away and replace as necessary.

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

Yes!!  I have a shiny black stove tp and range.  It is a jenn air downdraft.  you can see the top when you walk in kitchen pain in the patoot for sure.  Forget greasy spatter marks!!  They smear and are so hard to clean and buff .

@shoekitty I have a Viking with a shiny black top and I normally spray the top with something to get off the grease.  If it's really bad,  I'll wipe it down several times,  but then I always finish with a damp microfiber cloth and then the dry  part of the cloth.  It really gives me a nice finish.  Otherwise,  without the microfiber,  no matter how clean, you can see streaks.

Honored Contributor

I wipe as I go along when cooking.

But I did find a product that has changed my life, it's the Pledge Multi surface cleaner in a spray bottle. One spray, one wipe and done

Honored Contributor

I use a microfiber cloth for my dishes.  When I finish the dishes I give the stovetop a quick swipe and throw the cloth into the laundry.  Probably once a month I scrub the stovetop and put the grates into the dishwasher for a good cleaning.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

I use a microfiber cloth for my dishes.  When I finish the dishes I give the stovetop a quick swipe and throw the cloth into the laundry.  Probably once a month I scrub the stovetop and put the grates into the dishwasher for a good cleaning.

@house_cat .  I have a stove top with two heavy gray grates that are very hard to clean. I will try the dishwasher. I am guessing it gets yours clean?