Respected Contributor

Survey do you clean your stovetop every night

When you cook a meal, do you automatically clean the entire stovetop or just spot clean, or not at all? Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Re: Survey do you clean your stovetop every night

Other than cleaning up spills, I don't wipe the whole thing down unless it needs it! Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

I don’t cook but once or twice a week, but when I do I wipe the entire stovetop down because it’s black smooth top and shows every mark and crumb.

Honored Contributor

Yes!!  I have a shiny black stove tp and range.  It is a jenn air downdraft.  you can see the top when you walk in kitchen pain in the patoot for sure.  Forget greasy spatter marks!!  They smear and are so hard to clean and buff .

Trusted Contributor

Well I'm certainly not in the habit of bringing out the stainless steel spray everytime, but I do keep it clean of any spills.  Not exactly a Stepford wife, but have my moments. lol

Contributor

Yes, I wipe the stove clean after cooking.  Do the dishes after every meal, too.

Honored Contributor

yes! I clean after dinner, wipe the backsplash & cabinets near stove after I cook.  I have a glass top stove that definitely needs cleaning after every use -- if not, spills just "bake" on.

Respected Contributor

Yes I try, it just feels better when I keep it really. Did more often when I was young and felt healthier.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, I do.  it only takes a couple of minutes to wipe the surfaces down when I clean up the kitchen after dinner.  The grates get done probably once a week or more often when they look greasy.  I wouldn't want to face a huge clean-up, which would be needed if I wiped the stove less often.

Honored Contributor

Clean or wipe up as needed.