Respected Contributor

Re: Supermarket delivered condensed milk from CHILE !

@minimalistWF wrote:

Your comment on here really shows your level of ignorance and discriminatory bias that you have for the world.  Just because something is imported from another country, such as Chile, does not mean that it is dirty or bad.  Believe it or not, certain ingredients and production happens in other countries where things are sourced.  You clearly have a very narrow and uneducated view of the world.  Not everything can be produced in our country, there are so many aspects that contribute to that and it is not as cut and dry as "keep jobs in the US".  

Indonesia is not a "dirty" country at all ... have you ever been to Bali or Jakarata?  Obviously not, but they are wonderful places.

Just  a proud American who loves the USA. I have no desire to visit far off lands when I live in a great land such as ours. It saddens me to see us outsource American talent to foreign nations.

Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:

Just  a proud American who loves the USA. I have no desire to visit far off lands when I live in a great land such as ours. It saddens me to see us outsource American talent to foreign nations.

I am a proud American too who loves the USA. And I am thrilled that our goods from companies and farms all over the US are exported to all over the world.  

We sell our products to them, and just like we do, they expect us to buy products from them. That's your choice what to buy, but commerce works both ways.

Respected Contributor

You threw something out just because it was not made in America, Such waste. The way things are going you may not eat if you only will eat things made here. We are sending all our companies overseas because it is too expensive to make things here.

Honored Contributor

This has nothing to do with condensed milk, but I have to say traveling this country and the whole world has been  one of the highlights of my life.

Honored Contributor

Go the the store yourself! When I go grocery shopping I spend most of my time reading everything I buy! I don't understand having food delivered then complaining about something you could have fixed yourself.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Go the the store yourself! When I go grocery shopping I spend most of my time reading everything I buy! I don't understand having food delivered then complaining about something you could have fixed yourself.

@ID2  Some people have health issues and it's not easy or they are not able to go to the store. Surely everyone must know this.

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

@ID2  Some people have health issues and it's not easy or they are not able to go to the store. Surely everyone must know this.

@proudlyfromNJ  many of us have not left our homes in months because of the scourge.  And more than a few here are on Oxygen.

Trusted Contributor

@Reever  ..... That poor old can of condensed milk from CHILE is probably safer to use than the fresh fruit/vegetables from Dole. And they are packaged in the USA, the town I live in.

Food, etc. comes from some countries because we don't have the product here. 

You could always spend a little more and buy Borden Eagle Condensed Milk. I believe it is one of the few still made here.

As for what has happened to our country? The American people want cheap prices. It costs more to make here and the majority of the people won't spend the extra money.

Didn't you say you bought a store brand! Wasn't that the reason .... cheaper?

Honored Contributor

Throwing out a brand-new, clean, canned product sounds like cutting off your nose to spite your face.  Hope it made you feel better.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Dangit!  Wish I hadn't read this thread.  Now all I can think about is, Thai condensed milk coffee.  It's been too long since I had it.  I'll have to remedy that, with condensed milk from, well, anywhere.