Valued Contributor

Re: Supermarket delivered condensed milk from CHILE !

Whirlpool chest freezers are made in Amana, Iowa.

Esteemed Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@minimalistWF wrote:

Your comment on here really shows your level of ignorance and discriminatory bias that you have for the world.  Just because something is imported from another country, such as Chile, does not mean that it is dirty or bad.  Believe it or not, certain ingredients and production happens in other countries where things are sourced.  You clearly have a very narrow and uneducated view of the world.  Not everything can be produced in our country, there are so many aspects that contribute to that and it is not as cut and dry as "keep jobs in the US".  

Indonesia is not a "dirty" country at all ... have you ever been to Bali or Jakarata?  Obviously not, but they are wonderful places.

Just  a proud American who loves the USA. I have no desire to visit far off lands when I live in a great land such as ours. It saddens me to see us outsource American talent to foreign nations.

America usually has higher standards for food and many other products. Most of the world is DIRTY!!! Outdoor markets with live animals; food being sold in unsanitary conditions (not wrapped or refrigerated.) Many products from overseas is also TOXIC!!! 

Honored Contributor

@kivah wrote:

@Reever wrote:

@minimalistWF wrote:

Your comment on here really shows your level of ignorance and discriminatory bias that you have for the world.  Just because something is imported from another country, such as Chile, does not mean that it is dirty or bad.  Believe it or not, certain ingredients and production happens in other countries where things are sourced.  You clearly have a very narrow and uneducated view of the world.  Not everything can be produced in our country, there are so many aspects that contribute to that and it is not as cut and dry as "keep jobs in the US".  

Indonesia is not a "dirty" country at all ... have you ever been to Bali or Jakarata?  Obviously not, but they are wonderful places.

Just  a proud American who loves the USA. I have no desire to visit far off lands when I live in a great land such as ours. It saddens me to see us outsource American talent to foreign nations.

America usually has higher standards for food and many other products. Most of the world is DIRTY!!! Outdoor markets with live animals; food being sold in unsanitary conditions (not wrapped or refrigerated.) Many products from overseas is also TOXIC!!! 

@kivah  So sad to be an uneducated  person.

Honored Contributor

This thread makes me want to go out and buy something specifically made in Chile. I’m torn between anger and sadness at some peoples’ attitudes.
Respected Contributor

@bikerbabe   I will join you.  Some of the sentiments have had the identical effect on me.  

The next time I am at the liquor store I'm going to pick up a bottle of Chilean wine.  I know we get grapes from Chile and I think some of our cut flowers come from there.

We export food items to Chile and I suspect these USA exporters of food and food ingredients would be unhappy to lose this customer base. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@HB glamma wrote:
Just have to say, I’ve traveled there, Chile is a beautiful country.

And they produce some absolutely delightful wines! I'm a particular fan of their Sauvignon Blancs. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

Go the the store yourself! When I go grocery shopping I spend most of my time reading everything I buy! I don't understand having food delivered then complaining about something you could have fixed yourself.

@ID2  Some people have health issues and it's not easy or they are not able to go to the store. Surely everyone must know this.

@proudlyfromNJ  many of us have not left our homes in months because of the scourge.  And more than a few here are on Oxygen.

@Reever why do you continually presume that you can speak for others? Speak for yourself, only yourself, and let others do the same. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Trusted Contributor

@goldensrbest  ....... Steel is still produced in our country. US Steel is one of the largest producers and their headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA.

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

Go the the store yourself! When I go grocery shopping I spend most of my time reading everything I buy! I don't understand having food delivered then complaining about something you could have fixed yourself.

@ID2  Some people have health issues and it's not easy or they are not able to go to the store. Surely everyone must know this.

@proudlyfromNJ  many of us have not left our homes in months because of the scourge.  And more than a few here are on Oxygen.

@Reever  I know. That is what I posted.

Esteemed Contributor

@kivah :  America has decent food but definitely not the best, overall.  Personally I think France, Germany and Italy (among others) have great overall good quality.  To the poster who said she doesn't need to try other countrys dirty ( whatever) I say your narrow point of view is your loss ( of opportunities to gain enjoyment and valuable experiences).  Reminds me of years ago when I invited a friend and her visitor to share a visit to Central Coast of California.  She refused to go to Solvang or Hearst Castle, declare them " tourist traps" ( yes they are but no more than Hollywood, Disneyland, etc) she wouldn't even entertain going.