Valued Contributor

Re: Supermarket delivered condensed milk from CHILE !

Just have to say, I’ve traveled there, Chile is a beautiful country.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, i do think we should have our food items,and other things made in our own country USA. When items were made in the USA, years ago ,they lasted a long time.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest : All those "made in USA" appliances that you remember didn't do all the variations that new appliances do (tumble only, pre wash, etc).  Those appliances wouldn't serve our needs and wants today (regardless of their origin, they'd be very expensive). As another poster mentioned: we live in a global economy in which we both sell and buy from others.

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

I'm not sure I've ever seen the OP say anything nice about anything or anyone.  Throwing a can of condensed milk in the garbage because you don't like the country it was produced in?  A new level of xenophobia.

Claiming to be a proud American is just an excuse for bigotry, in this case.

(If I'd realized this post was by Reever, I wouldn't have bothered to open it.  It's always a rant and outrage about something.  A sad way to live, IMO.)

You took the word right out of my mouth, @Venezia 

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Well, i do think we should have our food items,and other things made in our own country USA. When items were made in the USA, years ago ,they lasted a long time.

So, all the food recalls of fresh produce from the USA and all the beef recalls, chicken recalls (the list goes on)...that's okay then, is it?

I lived in England for 20 years and had access to excellent food and fresh products.  Food came in from all over Europe and beyond.  Do you know, I don't remember a single food recall while I was there?  Guess we were just lucky!

Honored Contributor

@BlueFinch wrote:

Dangit!  Wish I hadn't read this thread.  Now all I can think about is, Thai condensed milk coffee.  It's been too long since I had it.  I'll have to remedy that, with condensed milk from, well, anywhere.  

@BlueFinch 

I am a Vietnamese coffee junkie!  Here in Honolulu you can get it at every coffee & Bubble tea shop in town.  You can only drink one because you will be flyin' high!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife 

I love bubble tea, we have a Korean market near by that you can get it from.

As far as this thread I get the feeling posting nasties on here might be the only thing the OP has in her life

@SurferWife wrote:

@BlueFinch wrote:

Dangit!  Wish I hadn't read this thread.  Now all I can think about is, Thai condensed milk coffee.  It's been too long since I had it.  I'll have to remedy that, with condensed milk from, well, anywhere.  

@BlueFinch 

I am a Vietnamese coffee junkie!  Here in Honolulu you can get it at every coffee & Bubble tea shop in town.  You can only drink one because you will be flyin' high!

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

But things could be made again in the USA,  yes we pay more ,but if they lasted as long as they did in the past ,would be worth it, i have had several repair men tell me that the steel from the usa ,was so much better than the steel we buy from other countries. That the appliance people that make everything ,want you to buy more often ,that is one reason.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@patbz wrote:

@goldensrbest : All those "made in USA" appliances that you remember didn't do all the variations that new appliances do (tumble only, pre wash, etc).  Those appliances wouldn't serve our needs and wants today (regardless of their origin, they'd be very expensive). As another poster mentioned: we live in a global economy in which we both sell and buy from others.

Yes we buy some from other countries, i am speaking of ,appliances, clothes, and food that is grown in our country. I think we are smart enough to know we could meet and surpass any country, with this,if people wanted it.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@patbz wrote:

Yes we buy some from other countries, i am speaking of ,appliances, clothes, and food that is grown in our country. I think we are smart enough to know we could meet and surpass any country, with this,if people wanted it.

@goldensrbest  You will be happy to hear LG is building a factory in TN. To manufacture appliances. There you go.