Trusted Contributor

Re: Suggestions please grill/roast vegetables

ditto the air fryer.  Great for roasting/grilling vegetables and the added benefit of using little to no oil .  Lots to choose from.  Emeril had a TSV here not long ago and many also like a Cooks Essential model.

HSN happens to have a TSV Air Fryer by Chef Ming today - just saw it presented and it uses ceramic technology in the bowls which should sure make for super easy clean-up.

For ease of use, healthy cooking, simple clean-up, and quick cooking times, I think an Air Fryer is tough to beat.  Your toughest challenge will be to decide on which one.  Lots of good ones to select from.  And you can do so much more than just your veggies though they are one of my all time favorites too.  Tough to beat grilled or roasted veggies!

Honored Contributor

Re: Suggestions please grill/roast vegetables

I pan grill yellow squash, small zucchini, onions, and tomato.

I use my large straight sided non stick frying pan lightly sprayed with olive oil for browning.

The squash and zucchini are cut into pieces about the size of your top thumb joint.  The onion is cut large too.  Tomato is in large cubes and excess juice is poured off.  

I put everything but the tomato in a single layer in the pan and use low-medium heat, not stirring because I don't want to break them up or create mush.

After 7-10 minutes, I spray the top lightly with oil and turn them over with a wide turner to brown the top.  I brown for several minutes and add the tomatoes, so they won't cook down and turn and brown until I reach the brownness I like.

I serve this with grated parmesian cheese and occasionally put it on noodles tossed with pesto and top with the cheese.

We love this with fish or chicken.