Respected Contributor

Re: Suggestions please for light weight bakeware

[ Edited ]

@SouthernBeeFor bakeware, I suggest USA Pans.  The are the absolute best pans for baking.  They don't buckle and clean up is relatively easy.  I found a pretty nice set at Bed, Bath & Beyond which included a loaf pan, round cake pan, cookie sheet, 9x13 pan and half sheet tray -- think that was the size.  Cost about $49 a couple years ago.  Check on line for more info and don't forget their 20% coupons  as for casserole pieces, I have no suggestions.  Most are pretty heavy.  Hope this helps.

ETA -- they bake very evenly, no burning or hot spots.  

Super Contributor

I find soaking the pyrex dish overnight or for a while in dish detergent, then scrubbing with one of those pads by Scotchbrite (I believe thats the name). They have sort of a rough texture on outside, looks like a cloth covering, sponge=size.  This gets the stuff off easily.  

Honored Contributor

@coffee drinker : I love the USA pans-I have two cookie sheets and the large muffin pan and told a friend about them Saturday and let her see them and she liked them. Southern Bee 

Honored Contributor

@smb3 : I have tried this and several other suggestions provided. Thinking that something changed the surface because so difficult to clean. I used the Pyrex today to bake a chicken. I totally lined the dish with foil but grease and chicken parts stuck to the pan. I filled the sink with very hot water and used the Dawn Platinum and let it soaked and used the scotch brite pad. Dried the dish but still look like water spots from air drying and not clean.🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️. Can’t purchase anything until next week when I get paid. Southern Bee 

Honored Contributor

When everything fails- do more research. Just google and article from Pyrex and one of the lab workers- Never put Pyrex in the dishwasher and never use any type of scrubbing pad even if it says non scratch. No dish soap with color or fragrance. He suggested to use a lye product but take precautions and use googles and gloves- nope not me- I am accident waiting to happen.🤓🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️. Southern Bee 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I find that the white Corning bake ware is  easier to clean up than glass bakeware, and I've used plenty of both over the years.

A 60th  anniversary set of three Corning casseroles with glass lids is on sale right now (I think) at the Bed Bath store.  The set shown on the store's website has the traditional Cornflower Blue pattern.

If you can find a Corning/Pyrex store (usually found in outlet malls) near you, you can find lots of styles.

Honored Contributor

@novamc1 : I have a big Corning casserole dish that Mom always used  when making a double batch of banana pudding but it is heavy for me to use. I have a small casserole dish of the Corning Simplylite. They only made a few pieces and went back to order more were discontinued. I need to find what you suggested in a store so that I can touch and feel the weight. Thanks. Southern Bee 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@novamc1 : Checked Bed & Bath- one lady in her review indicated this new Corning Ware was made of stoneware and heavier than the original and she was not able to use it. Southern Bee 

Honored Contributor

I don't use the Pyrex and Corningware pieces I have.  Mostly because I only cook for myself, but also because they were hard to clean.  I found Temptations to be much easier to clean and to continue looking new.  However, I'm referring to the "original" TT and I know the newer TT items are thinner and not the same quality.  I don't purchase TT any more.

Honored Contributor

@Daysdee : Really frustrated with product choices. I need easy to clean, light weight and easy to grab or hold onto. I have had issues trying to sign in, post and replying. Southern Bee