Honored Contributor

Suggestions please for light weight bakeware

5B1157E8-C1B3-42C1-A393-1A06C98C836B.pngI need help from  people that have purchased bakeware and casserole dishes that are lightweight, easy to handle, easy to clean. About 4 years ago a special friend gifted me the Pyrex easy grab baking dishes. I take good care of my kitchen items. However, the  Pyrex is now difficult to clean. I have lightly greased pan before baking but food still sticks. Still a mess to clean if use foil. Food sticks and even after soaking, difficult to clean. Your help greatly appreciated. Southern Bee 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Suggestions please for light weight bakeware

I think all glass baking pans will be somewhat heavy, although I've never had a problem with food sticking to my pyrex when I use Pam spray (or something similar). If you're looking for something truly lightweight and easy to clean, how about using metal, non-stick pans? I think those pans would work for both cakes, etc. as well as casseroles. Granted, they might not look as nice, but they'd sure be lighter weight and easy to clean. Just a suggestion....

Honored Contributor

@jannabelle1 : Thank you. I have been using the disposable pans the last few days but if thy have a small hole creates big mess in the oven.Another problem - if I put the dish on a cookie sheet to prevent spilled- difficult to remove from the oven. I have decided using two smaller pans would be better than a 9x13 pan. Lately, I have dropped and spilled a lot of dishes in my oven but - Blessed that I didn’t get burned. Southern Bee 

Respected Contributor

I feel your pain !!  Love my heavy, seasoned, beautiful bakeware but it’s just not very practical for me any more.

Recenty picked up Ayesha Curry’’s cookie sheets, muffin pans, cake pans, etc. and so far I’m very pleased.  Price points are great. When Copper Chef came along I fell in love with the “copper color” but it hasn’t held up. I can’t stand it when a cookie sheet “warps” in the oven so I ditched it.

Saw Ayesha’s when they brought it to the Q, tried it, loved it, gifted it, reordered it.  So far - so good.

Just FYI - i still use parchment paper just because I’m set in my ways.

Also, a big plus for me is many of the pieces come with lids.

Good luck and cook happy!

Honored Contributor

@Spacrazy : Thanks. Reviews on cookie sheets good. Reviews for casserole dishes indicate that they are heavy and issues of cracking or breaking in the oven. Southern Bee 

Esteemed Contributor

@SouthernBee, since it's just the two of us, I seldom use a 9x13 pan anymore for anything. I've used my 8x8 non-stick metal baking pan for half-recipes when making a casserole and it's worked just fine. Since it's just for DH and me, I'm not concerned about the presentation (he doesn't mind either!). I'm 71 so I understand the desire for lighter weight pans. Best to you....

Honored Contributor

@jannabelle1 : Thank you. Blessings and safety for you while cooking. I am handicapped and use a walking cane and have to be very careful. I will be 65 on the 30th. Three years ago remodeled the kitchen and love cooking and baking but dealing with several issues. Southern Bee 

Respected Contributor

A few years ago I started replacing my Corningware bakeware with Corelle Light.  Much easier to handle!

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Respected Contributor

@SouthernBee :  Uh oh, you got me, girl. I don’t think I have tried casserole dishes.  I’ve gotten so lazy I’ll just portion out my serving and hit the microwave (I’m sorry to say). 

Good for you for doing your homework.  I need to look closer at those reviews before I make a purchase so thanks for the reminder and for your kind reply.

Honored Contributor

@spent2much : Thanks. I have one small casserole dish that is the Corning Ware simply light but no longer made and pieces available on Amazon - $148- nope, purchase metal pans instead.