Frequent Contributor

Suggestions on how to use fresh Apricots Pls?

Was given a lot of fresh apricots and want to use them before they spoil... any suggestions please?

Honored Contributor

Re: Suggestions on how to use fresh Apricots Pls?

If they are ripe now, you can cut them up to freeze. Then, you can have them in yogurt, smoothies, homemade ice cream, or in a fruit salad.

Frequent Contributor

Apricots make a fantastic cobbler.

Respected Contributor

You could make jam. You can make refrigerator jam that you consume within two weeks without needing all the jars and equipment. My breadmaker has a jam setting. Then there's PIE.
Frequent Contributor

Thank you everyone! I really do appreciate your replies and suggestions. I'll freeze most of them and look for jam, crisp and pie recipes. Thank you all!

Esteemed Contributor

On 5/22/2014 chessylady said: You could make jam. You can make refrigerator jam that you consume within two weeks without needing all the jars and equipment. My breadmaker has a jam setting. Then there's PIE.

That's what I was gonna say. Apricot jam and butter(yes real butter) on toast.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

I think if you use Fruit Fresh you can preserve them for the freezer. Then pull them out for turnovers, cobblers, jams, coffee cake, or over yogurt or cottage cheese. If you soak them in a bit of sugar,or solution (google it) you can dehydrate them.. Dehydrated cots keep forever. Then you can rehydrate them for anything. I use dehydrated cots for a turnover filling. For some reason when you rehydrate dehydrated cots the flavor is intense and more flavorful. than fresh apricots/ Makes excellent filling for turnovers, cakes and such