Valued Contributor

Re: Suggestions on a tea brewer

On 3/14/2015 KatCat1 said:

It's funny to see this thread as last night I ordered 3 different black teas from Twinings. For spring/summer I will drink iced tea. I make my tea in my coffee maker. You only need 2 bags of tea to 10 to 12 cups and it comes out strong. I like my coffee full bodied and my tea the same way. I just clean out the coffee maker washing the pot, filter holder in sudsy water and it's ready for coffee.

What coffee maker do you use?

Trusted Contributor

Betsy Doodle love your nic.

Boop

Valued Contributor

On 3/15/2015 flbettyboop said:

Betsy Doodle love your nic.

Boop

Thanks! Smile

Valued Contributor

On 3/14/2015 DL2843 said: I love using a French coffee press with loose leaf tea.

Can you explain how to use a French press when making tea??

New Contributor

The Breville is worth every penny.

Respected Contributor

Wow, I've not looked at tea makers for awhile. Some fancy ones.

I have a gold cup that just sits in my cup. I fill that with tea and use my electric kettle. I guess I'd just buy a really large infuser and run water into my coffee pot if I ever wanted a whole pot.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Trusted Contributor

Why not just boil water in an electric kettle and brew tea in a teapot? Not sure why anyone would need a special brewer for tea. We've been making it this way in Great Britain for ever,lol.
Honored Contributor

I brew a tea k cup in my keurig and put it over ice. If I'm making a lot, I boil some water in a pan and let the tea bags sit in it for a while. Pour it into a pitcher over ice, add water as needed.

Honored Contributor

I bought a French Press for brewing freshly ground coffee, but never use it for that .... I brew tea with mine. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Super Contributor

I've only used a Mr. Coffee Iced Tea brewer. For hot tea I just use a good old fashioned English china teapot. The Q sells a little tea brewer called the Tea Server Ball made by Prepology. It's got a 5-cup capacity, looks cute and has very good reviews, and right now it's on clearance price for under $14 (and easy pay available).